Friday's (2/20) Maui pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Varicose Phyllidia a/k/a Scrambled Egg Nudibranch
Manual Mode, F8.0 Macro, 1/100, External Strobe

021904a.jpg

Thanks Gilligan...was looking for the name of this guy...took a picture of one when I was over there...this helps :)

Location?

~Matt Segal

Holy cow! You got out today? I was curious how the west swell affects Maui what with the other islands in the way. We've got 6-8 foot waves coming directly onshore at nearly all points in Kona today. They're closing down beach parks. Only the largest boats could even get out, not that they're going to be albe to find 12' of viz anywhere. Most boats cancelled today.

Steve

The swell is out of the North so the Makena area only gets some wrap around. There were small 3 foot sets coming in this morning. I just launch between the sets. Shore diving was trashed but I don't shore dive anyway. The water was green until I got to 60 feet then it turned blue. I dove at 70 feet. The vis was good but the current was strong and I felt the surge from the swell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom