French Polynesia May - June 2017 - bucket list trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The discussion has helped inform me tremendously. Thank you all! I will check my area for SEI or CMAS instruction and certification but I have only ever seen PADI. I hope our Logs and PADI AOW +Rescue ( we are getting the latter in part based on @Boiler_81 trip report), will get us to the sites we like to dive.

WOW! Quite an adventure. We are staying at Raimiti in the south - I hope we have a roof! on our bungalow! Thanks for the op recommendation and experience. Did you use any dive op in the north?

I'm sure you will be fine with PADI AOW plus rescue.

We stayed at Raimiti - it's an incredible place. If you're staying on the lagoon side the bathroom floors are crushed coral, so do take a pair of flip-flops.. (The floors are wood on the ocean side, and the bungalows are larger.) Also remember that there's electricity only from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. You will also appreciate the place if you're an animal lover.
The North Pass is about 2 hours by boat from Raimiti, realistically too far; all our diving was with Tetamanu divers at the South Pass. Raimiti has some kind of relationship with Tetamanu and will take you there; if you use Top Dive, Top Dive will pick you up at Raimiti.
The temperature gauge on my computer showed 88 degrees at the surface and stayed around 84 even at 95 feet. I just wore a skin (shorty) and was completely comfortable.

We also stayed at Raimiti and used Tetamanu Divers and absolutely loved it. In early February my log shows temps that ranged from 75-78 depending on the day and location.

I think you may have been at Ramiti at the same time as friends of my wife and me. They also got caught up in the storm. They are non divers and were looking for a get away from it all location while they were in FP. We had recommended Raimiti as a great place to get away and have a bit of an adventure. They wound up getting more than they bargained for in the adventure category.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will be fine with PADI AOW plus rescue.

We also stayed at Raimiti and used Tetamanu Divers and absolutely loved it. In early February my log shows temps that ranged from 75-78 depending on the day and location.

I think you may have been at Ramiti at the same time as friends of my wife and I. They also got caught up in the storm. They are non divers and were looking for a get away from it all location while they were in FP. We had recommended Raimiti as a great place to get away and have a bit of an adventure. They wound up getting more than they bargained for in the adventure category.
A couple from Detroit, Rich and Barb?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom