freediving fin, snorkeling, spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evorocket

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking at the Cressi Sub Rondine A fins until now. By the look of it, I see that spearo's prefer longer fins, like the Cressi Sub Gara 2000. The only thing is I would prefer open heel fins for the simple reason that in some places, I will be going up to shore on rocks, and it would be more comfortable to remove my fins and walk with a dive boot. Is there a fin that fits that bill? Or other suggestions maybe? Thanks

evorocket:06:

evorocket:
I was looking at the Cressi Sub Rondine A fins until now. By the look of it, I see that spearo's prefer longer fins, like the Cressi Sub Gara 2000. The only thing is I would prefer open heel fins for the simple reason that in some places, I will be going up to shore on rocks, and it would be more comfortable to remove my fins and walk with a dive boot. Is there a fin that fits that bill? Or other suggestions maybe? Thanks

evorocket:06:
Are you looking for an open heel freediving fin? Thanks to a size 14 wide foot, open heel fins are all that I can wear. I have two pair (they may be the only long-blade open heel fins made!), the Sporasub Elites and C4 Falcons. I wear a neoprene sleeve over the foot area to get a better transfer of power. I really like the C4's.

FYI,
We are not manufacturing the Sporasub elites anylonger, whether full foot or open heel. We are just now introducing into the field our new Instinct closed foot freediving long blade fin.

If you have to have an open heel due to size limitations; I know Riffe is selling a open heel version of his new fin.

Zak

Zak OHara:
FYI,
We are not manufacturing the Sporasub elites anylonger, whether full foot or open heel. We are just now introducing into the field our new Instinct closed foot freediving long blade fin.

If you have to have an open heel due to size limitations; I know Riffe is selling a open heel version of his new fin.

Zak
hey Zak, yea, I thought you had mentioned to me the Elites were no longer. Any chance of me scooping some up on a closeout somewhere? :D

Freediver,

I'll ask around. What is your size? Try to get back to you tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom