Free vintage steel 72 - needs good home.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Disregard the "for sale" title, this is for free. (had to put something by the rules)

I'm giving away free a 1959 1/2" tapered thread steel 72 - 2250 PSI.
It's painted steel USD, Pico Blvd. L.A. CAL. First hydro date was 5-59. It has a nice chrome valve (not original) - non J reserve but has an HP port for a gauge.
It was sandblasted inside and out, painted, then hydroed. I painted it bright USD yellow. It passed hydro with flying colors, as most of those old 72's always do.
It was free to me, so I'm passing it on to someone else. It's in perfectly fine shape and good as a back up or first time tank for someone in need.
I just have way to many tanks and don't mind helping someone out.
The current hydro date is 8-10.
It will need a VIP.

Call (707) 318-2577, that's my business cell phone.
Local pick up only, I will not ship, sorry.
I'm in the North Bay - Santa Rosa, CA

Disregard the "for sale" title, this is for free. (had to put something by the rules)

I'm giving away free a 1959 1/2" tapered thread steel 72 - 2250 PSI.
It's painted steel USD, Pico Blvd. L.A. CAL. First hydro date was 5-59. It has a nice chrome valve (not original) - non J reserve but has an HP port for a gauge.
It was sandblasted inside and out, painted, then hydroed. I painted it bright USD yellow. It passed hydro with flying colors, as most of those old 72's always do.
It was free to me, so I'm passing it on to someone else. It's in perfectly fine shape and good as a back up or first time tank for someone in need.
I just have way to many tanks and don't mind helping someone out.
The current hydro date is 8-10.
It will need a VIP.

Call (707) 318-2577, that's my business cell phone.
Local pick up only, I will not ship, sorry.
I'm in the North Bay - Santa Rosa, CA

You sure you wont ship it im interested in it but being in TN i cant pick it up locally.

You sure you wont ship it im interested in it but being in TN i cant pick it up locally.
Dude, he's giving it away. Asking him to ship it is rude. You're not local, accept it and move on or go on a road trip.

Dude, he's giving it away. Asking him to ship it is rude. You're not local, accept it and move on or go on a road trip.

OR---offer to pay shipping cost PLUS a little(lot maybe???) extra thrown in, for good measure........

I'll take it. I have been thinking of chopping the top of an old ½" threaded cylinder off to showcase an old regulator in my office.

I should be seeing you soon and can pick it up then.
Actually, this threrad went dormant and I thought nobody wanted it, so I vized it, slapped a sticker on it, and went and got it filled. It's going up to Tahoe with this weekend with the rest of my arsenal to get crawdads.

Actually, this threrad went dormant and I thought nobody wanted it, so I vized it, slapped a sticker on it, and went and got it filled. It's going up to Tahoe with this weekend with the rest of my arsenal to get crawdads.

Then don't waste a good cylinder. I figured it failed hydro. I have a cylinder just like it, born in 1959 that passed hydro a few years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom