Free Suunto Dive Computer Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....Do you really need the internet to figure out your dive computer?...
NO .... but:
- so far we have served more than 8,000 online classes
- 2 Sundays ago, in a single day we streamed more than 5,000 videos
- in Q2 we streamed almost 170,000 videos for a total of almost 700GB of data
- our online classes are used by a growing numbers of dive stores during their OW Courses

So, I guess there are people out there that like to see videos of their dive computer in action (clearly not you).

One picture is better than thousand words.
One video is better than thousand pictures
One real dive is better than thousand videos (I made up this one :D)

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I think the simulators are a good idea. But Alberto is not in it to do charity work, and I doubt by downloading a free app you're going to get access to pay software for free. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Adam

Never mind, it was an issue with Apple and their insistence that no one ever needs Flash.

Last edited:
I tried your app, the one without the Suunto logo, and all I ever get is the big grey Flash box. Something isn't right in the app.
mmmhhhh ... the app was tested and approved by Apple :blinking:... and so far has been download thousands times

You should see something like this:
zoop_app.PNG

What device are you using?
What version of iOS?

Figured it out. Jailbroken with Frash. Need to turn off Frash. Still don't understand why Frash sees this as a Flash video when the app should be going straight to the non-flash YouTube.

New question:

Just bought two Cobra 3's from LDS. They have no idea about he Suunto Activation codes. Where are they supposed to find these codes to either sell or give out with the computer?

hi,
your LDS has received - several months ago - from Aqua Lung (Suunto distributor for USA) a letter explaining the online classes and how to get the codes - including samples.

Your LDS can purchase codes directly from our website - www.divecomputertraining.com, but first they need to register with us as stores.

They must've thrown that info away. I showed them the Suunto labeled app and they'd never heard anything about it.

I'm guessing that your marketing campaign with Suunto and through the shops needs to be stepped up. I bet they aren't the only ones that are unaware of your service.

Last edited:
They must've thrown that info away. I showed them the Suunto labeled app and they'd never heard anything about it. .......
well ... if they don't read what Suunto sends them ..... I can't help with that.

.....I'm guessing that your marketing campaign with Suunto and through the shops needs to be stepped up. .
We are a small company with limited marketing budget and can't afford to work with every single dive store ..... but ... If your LDS would have read info from Aqualung AND checked what competition is up to they might have found out about us long time ago.

.... I bet they aren't the only ones that are unaware of your service.
Yes .... so far we have only ~500 dive stores registered with us (including some of the largest internet retailers) out of the how many thousands out there :D
And of course we have divers like you that make sure to "update" their LDS on what is happening out there in the world :crafty:

May I know who is your LDS so I can send them a nice letter and a couple of samples os the ycan see for themselves the Cobra3 online class in action?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Back
Top Bottom