Free Scuba Diving Seminar in Fort Worth - with GUE Instructor Doug Mudry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks! If anyone is interested in attending the seminar (full info below), please post here or contact me via PM or post on the North Texas Dive Society Facebook link that I will provide below.

Again, this is a free seminar. All you have to do is pay for your food and drink, if you so choose. That said, food and drink is not a requirement to attend, but we like to help the hosting restaurant out a little. :wink:

Also, while GUE is one of the topics....even if you have no interest in GUE, you might have interest in Cave Diving or Project Baseline. And, even though I posted this below, please allow a little redundancy: Project Baseline is a conservation effort open to all divers. We intend to setup a Project Baseline area in the DFW/South Oklahoma area and welcome all who would like to help. Agency does not matter.

If anything, come out, have some BBQ and chat with fellow divers in the DFW/South OK area....and meet the awesome owners of Aqua Trek Scuba!

Thanks for reading and safe dives,

Dan

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1402205790006955/?ref=22

SCUBA DIVING SEMINAR

Aqua Trek Scuba and the North Texas Dive Society welcome all to a scuba diving seminar.

The price for the seminar? Absolutely free, but you will have to pay for your meal.

Topics include: Global Underwater Explorers(GUE), Cave Diving, and Project Baseline

2421 Westport Parkway, Suite 1400
Fort Worth, TX 76177

Date/Time: Tuesday, September 17th 7:00 pm

(Please RSVP as we need to coordinate with the restaurant).

GUE Instructor Doug Mudry will be offering a free, informative seminar covering Global Underwater Explorers, a non-profit organization focused on education, conservation and exploration. He will outline the basic premise of the GUE diving system and discuss its history, evolution, and adaptability to any facet of technical or recreational diving. He will also discuss the various training programs offered through GUE as well as GUE's conservation and exploration efforts: caves, shipwrecks - fun stuff!

Doug will also discuss cave diving, ecology, conservation and geology. Even if you have no interest in cave diving, the talk, pictures and video will be fascinating. Doug loves caves, and that will be evident in the excitement with which he holds this discussion.

Project Baseline will also be introduced. What better way to explain this initiative than to use a quote direct from its main page:

"Project Baseline empowers passionate citizens to observe and record change within the world’s aquatic environments in a way that fosters public awareness and supports political action."

If you are interested in conservation, then please come and listen. We currently have plans to setup a Project Baseline area in DFW/South Oklahoma and would love any help. You do not have to hold any GUE certification to aid in this project. It is open to all with interest.

For more information:

Welcome | Global Underwater Explorers
Welcome to Ocean Discovery - Shipwreck Mars 1564 | Ocean Discovery - Shipwreck Mars 1564
projectbaseline

More about Doug:

Douglas Eric Mudry

25 South Main Street
High Springs, FL 32643
Phone: 386-454-8158
Mobile phone: 352-871-1700
Email: doug@gue.com

Professional

• 2003 to Present General Manager Extreme Exposure Adventure Center
  • 2002 to 2003 Assistant Manager Extreme Exposure Adventure Center
  • 1997 to 2001 Field Surveyor; Construction GPS & Topographic Surveying - Cassion Engineering, Florida Design Consultants, Eng & Denman Surveying
Diving Qualifications

• GUE Cave 1 Instructor
  • GUE Fundamentals Instructor
  • GUE Cave 2 Diver
  • GUE Tech 2 Diver
  • NSS-CDS Full Cave Diver
  • NSS-CDS DPV
  • NAUI Scuba Diver
  • Gas Blender
Diving Experience

• Certified in 2001; cave and technical diving since then (1100+ dives)
  • WKPP Gas Diver
Special interests

• Outdoor activities, cold weather, cave diving
  • Volunteer First Responder / Fire Fighter
Additional Info

DUI Drysuit Measurement and Repair
Scuba Pro Regulator Technician

Last edited:
How deep do you freedive?

Good catch, DD! Thanks for the heads up on the topic. I will ask the Mods to adjust it.

Good catch, DD! Thanks for the heads up on the topic. I will ask the Mods to adjust it.

I hate in when my buddies invite me for free diving and then want me to chip in for gas on the boat...

Adjusted.

you can delete all my silly posts

Back
Top Bottom