FREE Cochran Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowmouth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Cochran "Commander" Dive Computer that I'm not using anymore. The wrist strap is broken and more importantly, it's not starting up properly anymore. I'm not sure what's wrong with it but am sure that Cochran will be able to service it and possibly even upgrade.

If you want this computer and get it serviced you can have it for free.

It comes with the manual, software and computer cable.

I do not really want to mail it to anyone outside Thailand and preferably would like it if someone could just come and pick it up here in Phuket.

First comes-First goes.

:D

I am arriving in Phuket February 2, I am interested in your dive computer, but more interested in advice as to dive operators to contact

I am arriving in Phuket February 2, I am interested in your dive computer, but more interested in advice as to dive operators to contact

You're the first to respond to this post and I still have the computer. At the moment I am still in Phuket but am not sure (yet) when I will be away again.
If I have to leave before the first week of February I could leave the computer with a local DC here for you to pick up.

I've snail-mailed the computer to Big Blue this morning and it should arrive in Koh Tao within the next 5 days or so.

Enjoy!

Yep, got it.. just got back from caving in Khao Sok and it was waiting for me. Great little computer.. not sure where i find the port for that cable. Does it still not work even with fresh batteries?

Thanks..

Yep, got it.. just got back from caving in Khao Sok and it was waiting for me. Great little computer.. not sure where i find the port for that cable. Does it still not work even with fresh batteries?
Thanks..

Glad you got it. You may be able to find an adapter somewhere for the computer-cable that goes in the computer port.
The computer will probably start when you put the batteries in and then immediately shut down again. You may try to clean the contacts and put in fresh batteries. If you can get it to work you will be pretty amazed by all its features. There's a logbook in it with hundreds of dives, it's got a tap-screen with back-light function and second screen with additional dive info and lots of other things most cheap dive-computers do not have (this computer goes on retail for about 2000 US$). It's got a lot of user adjustable features as well. If you are unable to get it to work you may contact Cochran in the USA and give them the model (Commander) and the engraved registration number of the computer as well. They may be able to fix it for you or give you a very good deal on an upgrade. The computer is registered in my name but if that creates a problem I can send them a note and let them know that I gave it away and that the computer has a new owner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom