Free: Canon A620 and Canon housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vondo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Delivery not included. New owner must pick up. Rig can be found on the ocean bottom about one mile down current of the Bimini Barge.

So I'm now looking to replace this rig. I've been using the CHDK hack to get RAW and liked that, but two things frustrated me. 1) The readout speed 2) the lack of any support for the RAW format. So my thought is that I should probably look at a G9. I eventually want to add a strobe, but from what I gather the Canon housing + optically triggered strobe is a fine solution.

Has anyone else made this transition and what are your thoughts? My land camera is a 20D but there is no way I'm housing that.

Nice camera, thanks. It was hell picking it up and I have to spend 3 weeks in the chamber but it was worth it, thanks!

Sorry to hear about the loss, guess it gives you an excuse now to get a camera that shoots RAW without a hack. : )

What kind of SD card were you using when you had it set to RAW? I use a 2Gb extreme 3 right now, dont think the camera supports larger cards. Wondering what kind of delays you had between shots.

I use an Ikelite housing with my A620 and will finally be taking my DS-50 sub strobe out now that I am more comfortable diving with the camera. I love the camera and so far haven't seen a need for RAW, but I am an amature at this and will probably change my mind once I start getting better and feel the need to invest in a new camera and housing.

I was using a Transcend 150x, I think. Probably about 2 sec between shots. It was 2GB which was enough for 200 shots or 2-3 dives. For me, being able to correct the WB makes me really want RAW.

How did you lose it by the way?

I think what happened is that I put it on my arm by the lanyard but didn't cinch it down. In the process of removing my fins, the current took it down and off my arm. Two people on the line saw it go by; neither had their fins on anymore.

Obviously the next camera will clip onto my harness when I'm not using it!

Bought one of those when in Hawai'i, the first time I went out with my a620+canon housing.

Cetacea Corporation - Scuba :: Coil Lanyards :: Coil-Lanyard

Works great and is probably 20$ at most, I really can't recall. The fact that it snaps back to a short strap when not using it made it quite pleasant. Now I'll be diving in the Monterey area next week and I'm wondering if this loop of coil will get stuck in the kelp. We shall see...

Sorry about the loss, it is quite a good camera.

Gotta figure out what i'm gonna do now that I will be using a strobe with my camera. Normally I take a shoe lace and tie a knot so its a big loop and hook it through the wrist strap and put it around my neck. The Ike case is slightly neg so I just hold it near my chest when I am not taking pics and so far no probs but a tray arm and strobe makes that a bit more difficult.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom