Free Boat Diving May 3-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffchandler1

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm taking the Dive Quest out next weekend and looking for some divers/boat hands. Boat will accomodate 10-12 divers.

Boat is berthed at Moss Landing, just south of Monterey. Depending on conditions, we'll try diving off Carmel, and maybe hit the kelp forests inside Pt Lobos.

Bring your own tanks/weights. No charge for boat dives, but you're welcome to pitch in at the fuel dock.

Hi :)

What's the catch? I've only got about 22 dives on my log, will that be an issue? I am free at least one of those days and I can definitely pitch in on gas.

Lets talk!

Drew

I've had a lot of private inquiries about diving next weekend. Here's what we're planning:

We'll be shoving off from Moss Landing at about 9:00am on both Friday, and Saturday. My friend Tom and I are both PADI Divemasters, and the vessel is a 30-ft Delta Canaveral custom dive boat (a legitimate vessel). We'll probably go to Carmel for two dives--maybe three. On the way back, we'll snag some rockfish for dinner (bring your fishing license). Plan on being back at 2:30.

Although the boat will accomodate 12, we'll limit the crew to (8) people (we hate cattle boat diving).

I'm not licensed for commercial charters, and I won't accept any money for passage. I will allow you to pitch in for fuel, so long as any money gets paid directly to the gas-guy at the fuel dock. I don't want any trouble with the Coast Guard.

I've seen you post this before and think it is an amazing opportunity you are giving. Unfortunately I will be in Phoenix that weekend so I wont be able to take you up on your generous offer. Hope you guys have some great diving that weekend.

We could still accomodate a couple more divers on Friday and Saturday. If you're diving Stillwater or Pt Lobos, consider going with us. A giant stride off the platform beats a shore entry any day. We might ask you to pull an anchor, or tie some dock lines, but the diving and company promise to be excellent.

Count me in. I've been scrambling to find a dive buddy for the weekend since all mine keep bugging out. Happy to help work. I'll bring my fishing license, are we line or spear fishing?

Hey Thanks for the vid John. Fun dive for sure. I'm always amazed with how well those little Go Pros do in our challenging waters. Well done.

Sorry I missed a trip with you guys again, Jeff. Ended up on a local private boat on Saturday. Looks like you guys had favorable conditions on Saturday and nice stiff tail wind for your motor back to Moss Landing!

Back
Top Bottom