fraying seams after 4 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
See attached picture of my new Wetsuit, only used it on 4 dives and a few locations it looks like the stitching is fraying. Should I be concerned? This is a Waterproof W30 2.5 MM suit.

Attachments

• IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 213
Is it actually coming apart or has it just gone "fluffy" because it's been rubbing against something? If you are concerned take it back to where you bought it and get them to look at it. When I encounter fraying or stitching going fluffy on my suits I usually take a lighter to it, but then my suits are old.

Looks like it got in contact with some velcro.

Agree, and if it's up on the shoulder it's probably from neck closure.

This is actually down sort of near the waist - Products - Waterproof If you look at the suit its the curved part that starts heading down to the knee pad. As for the Velcro, if your familiar with Waterproof suits, they only use a tiny plastic velcro strap that just closes the neck seal, there isn't much to it, I don't think it would have caught on the lower area. Maybe from rubbing against my BC? I guess my real question is will this cause an issue down the road?

I think your assumption that it's your BC is probably correct...but I don't know if you can correct that. I would most certainly run it back to your dealer and ask them to check with Waterproof about it. That's a very high quality suit and I would expect that they'll be pretty helpful in working with you to solve what MIGHT become a problem in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom