Franceska di Rimini in Croatia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it is spelled wrong. Does anyone know that wreck? specially how deep it is.

The right name is "Francesca da Rimini", an italian armoured battleship from the second world war, and the wreck is close to the island of Kaprije. It is 50 metres long, and 10 metres wide.

The minimum depth is 40 mt, the maximum depth is 58 mt.
Just to have an idea of the wreck, have a look here.

Ciao,
A.

The right name is "Francesca da Rimini", an italian armoured battleship from the second world war, and the wreck is close to the island of Kaprije. It is 50 metres long, and 10 metres wide.

The minimum depth is 40 mt, the maximum depth is 58 mt.
Just to have an idea of the wreck, have a look here.

Ciao,
A.

Ciao,

"di" or "da" Rimini?
With the right spelling Google will tell me something (hopefully)

Ciao,

"di" or "da" Rimini?
With the right spelling Google will tell me something (hopefully)

Francesca "da" Rimini (it means Francesca from Rimini, as Rimini is a small town on the italian coast).
Francesca was a women, and she lived about in 1200; she was killed by her husband, because she betrayed him. She is very famous because her story is in the fifth canto of Inferno, Dante's Divine Comedy. And a lot of operas have been written following the tale of Francesca by Dante.

There are some videos of the wreck on YouTube, if I remember well.

When do you plan to dive there?

Ciao,
A.

Francesca "da" Rimini (it means Francesca from Rimini, as Rimini is a small town on the italian coast).
Francesca was a women, and she lived about in 1200; she was killed by her husband, because she betrayed him. She is very famous because her story is in the fifth canto of Inferno, Dante's Divine Comedy. And a lot of operas have been written following the tale of Francesca by Dante.

There are some videos of the wreck on YouTube, if I remember well.

When do you plan to dive there?

Ciao,
A.
Thanks a lot for that background informations! Actually I heard that story, just when I heard the wrecks name, I wasn't able to connect these two things.....
I hope some-when, end of July, beginning of August. Wanted to do it last year, but couldn't do it. So maybe this year I am more lucky.
Got told (from the Dive Center) that it is very nice. Deep 42-50 meter.

Officialy it's not allowed to dive it. However, diving centers organize trips on regular basis.

yes I read something that a permission is necessary, but as there are some DC which regularly dive it, I thought they have a permanent permission. Why is it not allowed? Because of the weapons or because of the dead people?

yes I read something that a permission is necessary, but as there are some DC which regularly dive it, I thought they have a permanent permission. Why is it not allowed? Because of the weapons or because of the dead people?
Because of amunition. However, it's covered with the iron net.

I guess you will. I read yesterday at local forum that some dive centers have permition to organize trips. It's hard to say if it truth or not knowing Croatian laws.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom