Fragile Princeton Tec Shockwave LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vixtor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Princeton Tec Shockwave LED broke during my last trip. The fragile plastic piece that acts as a lever between the internal on/off knob of the led head and the external trigger broke at the screw. I'll try to make a metal replacement (maybe), but I'm disappointed. I'm not sure when and how it got broke - I just found it that way when I have opened it to put the batteries. My guess is that the incident was related to the fact that I forgot to pull the trigger lock and it got somehow smashed in the bag.

I'll start looking at other's posts to identify my future light.

My buddy had the same problem, but not the led version. He called and was told they had a lifetime warranty and to send it in and it would be fixed or replaced.

A lot of scuba related items have lifetime warranty in US, but not abroad. I'll write them and see what they say about it.

I had a Princeton Tec light crap out on me and it was immediately replaced under warranty, no problem at all, by Princeton Tec through my LDS (authorized dealer) that I bought it from.

A lot of scuba related items have lifetime warranty in US, but not abroad. I'll write them and see what they say about it.

I've had several Princeton Tec lights break. it happens.

However, their warranty is rock solid. They have replaced every one of them at no cost. My only cost was shipping it to them. But when they returned it, it always came with a free set of batteries that more than made up for my shipping costs.

I say send them your light. They will fix it.

The only negative is you are out of the country. so not sure if you have a European distributor for it to return it to instead of having to send it to PrincetonTec in the US?

My Princeton Tec Shockwave LED broke during my last trip. The fragile plastic piece that acts as a lever between the internal on/off knob of the led head and the external trigger broke at the screw. I'll try to make a metal replacement (maybe), but I'm disappointed. I'm not sure when and how it got broke - I just found it that way when I have opened it to put the batteries. My guess is that the incident was related to the fact that I forgot to pull the trigger lock and it got somehow smashed in the bag.

That sucks. I have 4 Shockwaves and on 3 of them the plastic lock broke, but, luckily I haven't had any of the switches break yet (knock on wood). I think I'm just going to take the locking piece off of the 4th one. I would hate for someone (like a Homeland Security inspector) to try and turn the light on without first unlocking it and have the on/off switch break.

Hell of a design flaw if you ask me. I love my Shockwave LED, but my lock broke off on my first dive with it, and my buddy's switch broke on him while we were at Catalina this weekend. I'm waiting for my wife's to pop off too. Nice light for the $$ though.

I had the same problem with mine. PT gave me to repair kits consisting of an on/off switch, a small screw, and the black plastic part about 1.5" long that swings on the inside to trip the switch in the head unit. Is this what you need? I still have one left.

If you want it, how do I mail it cheap and easy to Romania?

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom