FOX7 Aquarena Underwater Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Well it is getting close to launch the underwater camera at Aquarena Springs. Sylvia Earl has agreed to do a little speech at Aquarena on March 26th probably around 4 PM with ceremonies for the common experience at Texas State. (more to come after the press release - you have the info early)

Everyone involved so far has been really helpful and really great to work with.
Ron is going to block the shot in deep hole. He has been so wonderful to work with.

Today we failed with the TSU network infastructure test. Glad we have time to overcome this challenge.

The camera, housing and cables are tested and ready to deploy.

Behind the scenes info:

So I am trying to figure out if we should move it in place and sink the cable on March 23rd or 24th. Sunday or Monday.

We will use lift bags, and need to video the event, I will have fishing weights to sink and hide the underwater cable work.

Anyone Science Diver certified please let me know if you want to join the install dive team and what date works best for you and what you can provide for the install.

I will keep everyone posted as we get closer, 2 weeks from this weekend.

Let me know if you can make these dates and want to participate and if you have a lift bag or UW video camera you want to use on this event.

I am so excited it has finally got a launch date on the www.myfoxaustin.com
website and all the coordination, building and testing we have done.

Let me know,

Shawn O'Shea

Shawn - you realize March 23 is Easter Sunday? If you can make it Saturday, Monday or Tuesday - sign me up for the install dive team! I can do pretty much any day. What do you need?

No I didn't. :shakehead: Well thats not going to work. Lets see who is interested in participating for Saturday or Monday that week. Sound like better dates. :eyebrow:

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Let me know the time and dates. BTW, where you thinking of putting the camera?

Hi, Shawn
I'm REALLY interested in assisting with the project. Of course, I'm science diver trained, and I have a couple of underwater video cameras in addition to some still cameras. (None of which is elaborate, but they do the job.) Just let me know how I can assist and the dates, and I'll be there. If it's any help, I can be there just about any day from March 8-15 (spring break for my school), or Friday-Saturday March 21-22. Hope to be able to assist--sounds like a great project!
Bill

Hi, Shawn
I'm REALLY interested in assisting with the project. Of course, I'm science diver trained, and I have a couple of underwater video cameras in addition to some still cameras. (None of which is elaborate, but they do the job.) Just let me know how I can assist and the dates, and I'll be there. If it's any help, I can be there just about any day from March 8-15 (spring break for my school), or Friday-Saturday March 21-22. Hope to be able to assist--sounds like a great project!
Bill

You are on the roster. PM me your phone number please.

We will be putting it in the water before the launch date then take it out the day of the launch and ribbon cutting and place it back in Deep Hole on March 26th.

So, possibly 3 opportunities behind the scenes.

Sunday after a class out there, I will be working on the IT portion in the Landing if you are out there stop by and say hi.

Shawn O.

I can loan you one or two lift bags if you need them. I've got 50 & 100 lb. I'll have to check availability on my schedule. If I cannot make it, BoGrady can grab them from the shop.

Just to be clear on dates. March 26th is the official launch date with a press release to be out soon. I believe it to be an official ribbon cutting underwater around 4 PM.

Anyone able to join the dive team, to shoot video and help out I think the call time on March 26th will be Noon.

I will forward more info as I get it. I want to sink the camera beforehand to get a full weeks test of the system in before the actual launch date.

If anyone can help me before that, I will let you know as the schedule develops on the fly.

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Glad to help you with the camera. I will be out of town from the 6th through the 12th, but outside of those dates I am available.

Back
Top Bottom