Fourth Element underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

i checked to buy a fourth element underwear, surely a Artic or Arctic Expedition.

I would like to know how tight is supposing to be?

like legging?

thanks

I reckon it should fit, well, like underwear....

I size my undergarments so that I have full range of movement without them being super loose and so that they are close fitting but not restricting.

it's also important to note that you should factor in whatever base layer you plan on wearing underneath. Some people wear nothing while I use a wicking base layer (under armour).

The Fourth Element undergarments are sized to allow for layering. The Arctic in a given size may be worn over the Drybase or Xerotherm layers of the same size. I like the Underarmour wicking base layer, and wear a Waterproof 3D mesh vest as a middle layer under my one-piece Arctic during the coldest months.

I originally ordered my Arctics in a Medium as that's what the charts called for. they fit but were snug. I eventually replaced with a size large which was a much better fit, more comfortable, and allowed better mobility.

I use FE Arctics & Halos - they're supposed to be close fitting but not tight, restricting any movement (e.g. if you can't do a valve shutdown in them as easily as when wearing a T-shirt, then they're tight). Normal baselayers (either the FE ones or merino wool ones) should fit easily underneath.

I agree with Master Chief, they should be form fitting but not tight. You need to be able to retain range of motion even with a base-layer on underneath. It they're too loose they will bunch up at the pivot points and end up a bit uncomfortable. While they should run true to size, there are customers who have purchased them from us that find the sizing to run a tad on the small side. Having said that, if you're on the edge of a size based on measurements then it's wise to go up a size.

What's your height and weight Marc? Let me know and I can tell you which size would be best for you. If you are inbetween sizes, and we guess wrong, we can always send a different size or send 2 from the beginning to try on and get the best fit. Great undergarment, I've had mine for 5 years, and it's my staple! It's not my all the time undergarment, but it gets used the most. Early in the season and end of season when it's colder, I used a Halo. For the majority of my dives I used my Arctic. When we get snow, it's actually what I wear snowmobiling too. It's very versatile!

Back
Top Bottom