For Trade Fourth Element Ellipse for Waterproof Ultima DGS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, @Zef

Everything I hear about the Ultimas is very good. The big advantage for the elipse, if it really is one, would be keeping the lower profile, oval shape. Whichever route I go, I'd eventually like 2 sets of glove rings, so the lower cost of the Elipse is benefit. Now if I can just get a (dry) Fusion liner ...

The Ellipse system is very low profile and light weight (not that weight matters once in the water). The system works...no doubt...and if one wants to retain the low-profile oval shape of the cuff system then this is the way to go. I will share that I am not a fan of the exposed sealing o-ring but I only did a couple of dives with the system on my suit so I do not know if that is really something to be concerned about or not...

...I would have more dives on my set of the Ellipse system but I had to take my Fusion Bullet back to the shop to be sent back to Aqualung due to a leak along the heels of the suit. If you are looking for a dry-core Fusion Bullet, I think there is one for sale on ebay.

-Z

It was also suggested that I do a video review instead of a written one
May I suggest that you do a written review instead of a video one?

Reactions: Zef
May I suggest that you do a written review instead of a video one?

Absolutely...I am leaning more towards a written review. I have 2 very active 17 month old German Shepherds that would be in the way while trying to make a video, and as time goes on I see that video and pictures tend to fall off the edge of the earth making the post that contains them kind of useless in the future.

My problem with the written review is that by nature, I am incredibly long-winded. I have some thoughts already typed up but I need to review and pare things down and I need to add my experience with them in the water. Life is just very busy right now and I have some other things that are occupying my time/attention but there are 2 things I owe the SB community:

1. Pictures and measurements of the Mares 2nd stage adjustment gauges that someone sent to me awhile back.
2. A review of the Ellipse system.

Both are forthcoming.

-Z

My problem with the written review is that by nature, I am incredibly long-winded.
That's a bigger problem in a video review. I can skim long-winded passages in a written text. In a video, not so much.

Reactions: Zef
Thanks, @Zef

Everything I hear about the Ultimas is very good. The big advantage for the elipse, if it really is one, would be keeping the lower profile, oval shape. Whichever route I go, I'd eventually like 2 sets of glove rings, so the lower cost of the Elipse is benefit. Now if I can just get a (dry) Fusion liner ...

The Ellipse can be purchased 3 ways, glove rings only, cuff rings only, and full set. There is also a 4th version for suit makers and shops to retrofit as a complete cuff/dryglove system...it is a the complete system along with the PU ring from the Si-Tech QCS oval cuff sytem (the base ring that gets glued into the suit)...this version also comes with a pair of silicone wrist seals.

I can't comment on price because I am not sure how much a set of glove rings go for but they are available for the Ellipse where as they are much harder to source for the Fourth Element.

I have a nearly new Fourth Element Ellipse Dryglove system used for one dive in fresh water (22 mins long)..

Would like to trade for a set of Waterproof Ultima DGS.
I have an Ultima system (2 sets actually) that I'd be happy to swap. I'm currently in Scapa Flow and the Ultimas are back at home in Cardiff but I'll be returning in about 10 days if that's any good?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom