Fourth Element Dry base?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

68* and I'd just use a moisture wicking layer. I take it no thermoclines in the springs?
I was taking cavern and Intro to cave so if there are I wasn't near deep enough lol

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I second the xerotherm suggestion. I know many people that use a combination of arctic/xerotherm for the winter diving, and arctic only for summer diving. A friend recently dove dry in the galapagos (70 degrees-ish) using xerotherm only and was very happy.

Can the xerotherm and drybase be worn both at the same time comfortably?
Yes that's how it is designed. Given the xerotherm is large enough to comfortably wear both.

I am very pleased with the drybase. I got a tad "chilly" but my suit was also consistently flooding. I now have an new neoprene drysuit and believe it will be more than enough.

Yes that's how it is designed. Given the xerotherm is large enough to comfortably wear both.

Does one have to buy a size larger for the outer layer (Xerotherm) when worn over the drybase layer or are they designed to fit with the same size?

Does one have to buy a size larger for the outer layer (Xerotherm) when worn over the baselayer?
I don't have the Xerotherm personally so I can't speak for the fit of it. But if I was going to double up then I would buy one size larger.

I love Fourth Elements products. I have the Artic, Xerotherm, J2 base layer and Drybase. I wear a medium in the Artic and Drybase and a large in the Xerotherm and J2. So sometime I am wearing a large J2 underneath a medium Artic. Go figure. The Fourth Element sizes run weird. You need to try them on.

I wear size large in all the Fourth Element undergarments. They are cut such that the heavier outer layers may be worn over the lighter base layers. Much of the time I use their one piece Arctic over a Drybase, and sometimes add a Xerotherm vest in between the two. I've also worn the Ozone jacket and pants over Xerotherm layers. When it's really cold, I've worn a Sub Zero salopette over an Arctic top and Xerotherm pants.

Back
Top Bottom