Fourth Element Argonaut Hybrid Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got the fourth element kevlar suit. I have only put around 10 dives on it so can't really comment on the durability. i can say i haven't had any problems with it. I did have the wrist seals changed as the ones on it cut off the blood supply to my hands. it has kept me dry and overall i have been happy with it. i went to the dive show in birmingham and they had their new "bio map" sort of wish i had ordered mine from fourth element as they will cut it to that precise sizing machine.

oh as far maneuverability and comfort i'm very happy with mine. it's quite snug so not sure i could fit a huge undersuit but judging by recent products big baggy undersuits are eon the way out?

Hybrid suit is still going great after a bunch of cave diving. No leaks. Still outrageously happy with it. The only part that is showing any wear is where my sidemount tanks hit the zippers on the pockets. Everything still works great, though.

I will have had my suit a year in June & so far it has performed great, both teaching & doing my technical & cave diving. The only modification I have done on it was to have DUI's Zip Seals & Kevlar knee pads installed. Best of both worlds! The fit is fabulous &,.. so far, it is holding up to the rigors I put it through.

Thanks for chiming back in! So no regrets going with the 'Hybrid' instead of the 'Kevlar'?

I'm hoping to get measured for one soon, but am having to contemplate this against Bare X-Mission (I know not exactly apple-to-apple), which I can get a significant deal on.

Actually I went with the Flex material all the way. The hybrid is top half Kevlar & bottom Flex material. No, no regrets. just wish that I didn't have to put on $500 Zip Seals,.... but I do like the convenience. A very well made suit.

The kevlar upper is quite a bit more stiff than the flex material lower portion on the hybrid. I think if the suit were full kevlar, it would be less comfortable to kick in. I'm very happy with my decision. Also, I did the zip seals on mine, just like tstormdiver. What an awesome thing those are on this suit - I will never deal with rigid cuffs again.

By the way @tstormdiver @TotDoc ... are your suits Argonaut 2.0 or the original (1.0)?
It appears 4th Element also offers the SiTech user-replaceable (silicone) seals as an option. Curious why both of you went with the more expensive DUI Zip Seal retrofit route?

Mine is 2.0 hybrid suit. I got the sitech replaceable neck, but I really don't like the sitech Antares rings. I had them on my last drysuit, and they would dig into my wrists quite a bit if I had to manipulate clips on my chest d rings. I have pretty large hands, so maybe that's not a problem with everyone, but it REALLY bothered me. The zip seals still offer replaceable seals, and there is still a cuff, but the cuff is soft and flexible. About a million times more comfortable, in my opinion

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom