found this looking through printed LP catalog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FallenMatt

Reaction score
found this looking through the LP catalog and reading the catalog description seemed.. er.. interesting:

tank bouyancy compensator

the online version doesn't have a long description so i will quote pthe paer version here:

"the drawback [of aluminium tanks] is that they are positivelly bouyant and often pivot your legs above your head while diving. The T.B.C. eliminates this tendency by by locating a 5 pound weight at the bottom of the tank. The T.B.C provides a heads-up attitude while diving and aids in keeping the head out of the water while at the surface" etc.

so let me get this straight, for a measly $26.95 plus s&h you get this gadget that makes you vertical in water no matter what you do by placing 5 lbs of weight close to your legs. Hmm...

Yes, I think i need to get it because it is very annoying that i can keep any orientation underwater and stay with my legs up away from the reef/bottom of the spring.

:)

FallenMatt once bubbled...
so let me get this straight, for a measly $26.95 plus s&h you get this gadget that makes you vertical in water no matter what you do by placing 5 lbs of weight close to your legs. Hmm...

Yes, I think i need to get it because it is very annoying that i can keep any orientation underwater and stay with my legs up away from the reef/bottom of the spring.

I think the trick for most people is to get eithera tank weight or negative buoyant fins like Jetfins. Particularly important if you're a blockhead or cementhead.

OTOH, airheads like me avoid both tank weights and negatively buoyant fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom