Found Sealife Camera, Butterfly House

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LaurenW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found a Sealife camera off of Butterfly House on May 31. The camera itself is corroded internally, but I was able to recover more than 300 pictures off the memory card. The latest timestamp on the pictures is in March of 2008, so it may have been on the bottom for some time before I picked it up.

I've uploaded some of the pictures to flickr, the link is available as my home page since I don't have enough posts to put the URL here. To get to it, click on my name, then go to "Contact and group info", it's right there under "Home Page"

If you recognize any of the people in the photos please let me know. The camera itself may be beyond salvaging, but there are a lot of family pictures that I would like to get back to their rightful owner.

- Lauren

Lauren...how great of you to do this..I know I would want the pics back. Where & How did you find it?

I found it off of Butterfly House in Carmel. I was looking at a lingcod sitting on a rock and realized it was perched right next to a camera! I couldn't really tell the condition underwater, but I didn't want to leave it so I stuck it in my BC pocket and continued the dive.

To be honest given the condition of the camera, I'm shocked that any the pictures were recoverable. I think it would be awesome to reunite the pictures with their owner though, especially since most of them aren't underwater shots, they look like pictures of holidays, kids playing etc.

I'm optimistic about finding the owner though, I'll just keep passing around the pictures until somebody recognizes someone :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom