Found: Mask in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gratefulmjc

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Mask found ~1130am Sunday May 14 at north end of Cedral, perhaps southernmost Santa Rosa.

Describe it to claim it.

Can be picked up at Presidente 'til ~1130 Wed May 17 after which time it will be adopted by a loving couple in a welcoming home (with pool) in Northern Virginia with plenty of other scuba gear to play with.

I wonder if the diver lost it during a dive or if it fell overboard...
I often see people lean over and rinse their mask in the water as we arrive at the dive site, sometimes the boat is still moving a little. Even at a very slow rate the force of the water can be quite strong. It wouldn't surprise me if someone didn't let the boat fully stop and had it ripped from their hand.

I also see people leave masks and other things on the seat and sometimes the side is only a few inches higher than the seat on some boats.

Mask found ~1130am Sunday May 14 at north end of Cedral, perhaps southernmost Santa Rosa.

Describe it to claim it.

Can be picked up at Presidente 'til ~1130 Wed May 17 after which time it will be adopted by a loving couple in a welcoming home (with pool) in Northern Virginia with plenty of other scuba gear to play with.
Prescription or not?

That's good. If I were to lose my prescription mask it would put a very severe crimp in my diving.
As soon as you are covered by Medicare and have a good supplement, get examined by a cataract surgeon.

As soon as you are covered by Medicare and have a good supplement, get examined by a cataract surgeon.
I have been on Medicare + employer insurance for years now, and my eye doc says I will need cataract surgery eventually but not yet.

I see a lot of divers pull their mask up on their forehead after surfacing and clearing out their nose etc. I always pull mine down over my neck. Probably due to my beach training, easiest way to lose a mask is by having it above your face.

easiest way to lose a mask is by having it above your face.
Or holding it overboard for a rinse from a moving boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom