Found: Mask in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see a lot of divers pull their mask up on their forehead after surfacing and clearing out their nose etc. I always pull mine down over my neck. Probably due to my beach training, easiest way to lose a mask is by having it above your face.
I keep my mask on my face until I am back in the boat. I don't rinse my mask until the boat is stopped or nearly so, and when I rinse it I wrap the strap an extra time around my wrist. I don't put it down around my neck or backwards on my head like I have seen others do because I don't want to risk fouling up my defog.

I have been on Medicare + employer insurance for years now, and my eye doc says I will need cataract surgery eventually but not yet.
I had a detached retina before 50, Dr. told me that I would need cataract surgery within a year I waited for 2 and wish I had done it earlier. It was the best decision I ever made. Day after surgery went to perfect vision in that eye and my prescription for glasses was clear glass on one side and prescription only for the non cataract eye. I don't like hearing about surgeries, and later asked what was done. My friends and family complained about the bright as sun laser etc. I later came to find out that my Dr. used Scalpel, very easy recovery, I don't have the halo, I did spend extra for the lens that's like trifocal or something from Bausch & Lomb, blue block uv protected etc. I have noticed that I need sunglasses even more when outside, and am otherwise very happy. I share this with everyone, because I was fearful of having the surgery, it was nothing compared to the detached retina bubble in the eye surgery and painless. No nerve endings in your eye. They used a Mac(sp) anesthesia, you are awake but remember nothing.

It was the best decision I ever made. Day after surgery went to perfect vision in that eye and my prescription for glasses was clear glass on one side and prescription only for the non cataract eye.
Too bad you couldn't get the other eye done at the same time. Those lenses they use are so much better than the natural ones. You probably accepted the lens choice of the doctor like I did. Gordy is an engineer so I bet he will study the selections and pick his own.

Too bad you couldn't get the other eye done at the same time. Those lenses they use are so much better than the natural ones. You probably accepted the lens choice of the doctor like I did. Gordy is an engineer so I bet he will study the selections and pick his own.
My wife had the surgery last year and raves about it, but insurance won't pay for it until my eye doc says it's necessary. My wife got the one far eye / one near eye option but I don't think I will do that when my time to get the surgery comes. Her eyes were like that naturally, so she is used to it, but for me, putting on a pair of glasses with a lens missing gives me vertigo.

insurance won't pay for it until my eye doc says it's necessary.
If you were examined by a cataract surgeon, that might change.

Mask found ~1130am Sunday May 14 at north end of Cedral, perhaps southernmost Santa Rosa.

Describe it to claim it.

Can be picked up at Presidente 'til ~1130 Wed May 17 after which time it will be adopted by a loving couple in a welcoming home (with pool) in Northern Virginia with plenty of other scuba gear to play with.
is there a name sticker on the mask? I lost one in April

Mask found ~1130am Sunday May 14 at north end of Cedral, perhaps southernmost Santa Rosa.

Describe it to claim it.

Can be picked up at Presidente 'til ~1130 Wed May 17 after which time it will be adopted by a loving couple in a welcoming home (with pool) in Northern Virginia with plenty of other scuba gear to play with.
It’s always nice to find goggles.

Back
Top Bottom