Found gear: what did you forget you had?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A transfer whip I thought had been lost in a move 10 years ago.
I mislaid two of them back in 2017 during a move and found them few months back.

Just did a clear out of the Dive Storage Room and found seven DSMBs in a net bag!

Here's another related, and fun thread!

"What Dive Gear & Accessories Have You REMOVED from Your Kit, or replaced with something different?"

I have a TON of misc/random crap I acquired from inexpensive lots of scuba-equipment on craigslist. I may post pictures later. None of this is forgotten .... but when I pull out crap for pictures I may have some actual forgotten items. Keep in mind, a number of these Items I didn't "buy" directly, but got with scuba-lots.

* Various scuba clips, retractors, retainers
* BCDs, plastic backplates
* Random dive-flag
* unusual weights.
* Random webbing "hardware" bin (triglides, d-rings, buckles, etc. I frequently find uses for this pile). I'll sometimes save buckles from backpacks I throw away. Ok, maybe some hoarding on this one.
* Extra wetsuit-hoods
* Dive-consoles. One-button dive computers acquired with used-regulators, and tossed immediately in a bin.
* Other ancient dive-computers, including some hose-air-integrated ones or "electronic pressure gauges"
* Lots of spare regulator hoses and "octo" quality 2nd stages.
* Regulator bags.
* Tank banger, new in package

Here's another related, and fun thread!

"What Dive Gear & Accessories Have You REMOVED from Your Kit, or replaced with something different?"

I have a TON of misc/random crap I acquired from inexpensive lots of scuba-equipment on craigslist. I may post pictures later. None of this is forgotten .... but when I pull out crap for pictures I may have some actual forgotten items. Keep in mind, a number of these Items I didn't "buy" directly, but got with scuba-lots.

* Various scuba clips, retractors, retainers
* BCDs, plastic backplates
* Random dive-flag
* unusual weights.
* Random webbing "hardware" bin (triglides, d-rings, buckles, etc. I frequently find uses for this pile). I'll sometimes save buckles from backpacks I throw away. Ok, maybe some hoarding on this one.
* Extra wetsuit-hoods
* Dive-consoles. One-button dive computers acquired with used-regulators, and tossed immediately in a bin.
* Other ancient dive-computers, including some hose-air-integrated ones or "electronic pressure gauges"
* Lots of spare regulator hoses and "octo" quality 2nd stages.
* Regulator bags.
* Tank banger, new in package

You sound like me...😄😄😄

I have new in the original box Dacor UFO 1/2nd stage, I forgot I had it.

I have to stop looking, keep finding gear, mask here, band new Air 2 and hose there, fins, how can you loose 2 pair? Another mask.:snorkels:

Continuing my forced organizing due to bad seas, yesterday I found a coin i didn't know we have.
Husband and I have been married almost 21 years but we were diving well before we met, so our gear merged along with our lives.

Turns out his mother got him this coin from an ad in Skin Diver magazine when he got certified in 1972.
I may try to clean it today. I thought that was a great find among the many pairs of old booties and gloves, and valves and valves and some more valves.
PXL_20220724_120245966.jpg

PXL_20220724_112846466.MP.jpg

Surprisingly heavy, when I first saw it I wonder if it would be light tin like a Mardi Grass doubloon, but no much heavier.

I found recently in a box:
- a suunto AI pod, lost the computer during a dive, it was a painful day 😂
- a hand mirror, seemed a good idea at the time but then never used it
Suunto makes the worst computers ever (unless you like to do 3x the deco you really need), so no loss there.
Never used the hand mirror? That's probably the most useful accessory I have. Never leave shore without it.

Back
Top Bottom