"Forward Legitimate Advancement."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boston Breakwater

"Outlaw." Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello, Everyone. I'm in Brunswick, Georgia. Looking to improve/advance my certification level. Can anyone recommend an Instructor/ Shop in the area, that you've had personal experience with?
Edit: Interested in P.A.DI. Tech deep, and T.D.I. (Staged Decompression.)
My history is available in my profile....I consider myself a "Good." diver.
(Nothing more, nothing less.)
Thanks, in advance.

You're less than 3 hours from High Springs, lots of good options there, GUE and others. And lots of confined water

Second for High Springs. I did all my tech/cave/CCR through GUE. Depending on which route you go, Fundies or an ITT class will be a necessity. If you go the GUE route, Lauren Fanning and Kyle Harmon are local to High Springs and teach a great class. Ken Sallot is in Gainesville and teaches through TDI. I've taken or helped out with classes for all three, and you can't go wrong with any of them. Ken also teaches just about anything cave or technical. I took my T1 and CCR1 with Kirill Egorov. He's one of the best technical instructors out there, in my opinion. I came out of both of those classes significantly stronger on fundamental stuff I thought I had down cold.

I'd do some research into GUE to decide if that meshes with your personality before looking into specific instructors. As an agency, it's very standardized. I personally really like that approach, but make sure it's compatible with your personality first.

Depends on what type of diving you want to do.

I spearfish and dive from a boat almost exclusively. I was able to find an instructor up to full tri-mix who did as well.

While some instructors may be very well versed in certain types of diving they may be clueless in others. It pays to find someone who does exactly what you want to do. Some of the biggest goons I've had on a boat were instructors used to very static environments.

Devils Den down in St. Mary's used have some tech guys there, don't know if they still do. They seemed pretty competent and dove local deeper wrecks.

Go to extreme exposure. Take GUE fundamentals. If nothing else, it will give you a solid base of skills and allow you to make a well informed decision about where to go from there.

Go to extreme exposure. Take GUE fundamentals. If nothing else, it will give you a solid base of skills and allow you to make a well informed decision about where to go from there.
I am biased here but I agree. A friend of mine is CMAS instructor and did the course with me just to keep improving. Much like yourself if I understand you correctly. If you don't have a clear goal and the diving style appeals to you I think it's time and money well spent.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom