Forum and Category Reorganization

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me, overthink something?

This only occurred to me because I fall victim to overthinking problems as a matter of course. Just ask all the poor moderators that had to endure about 8 months of offline brainstorming that evolved the reorganization to this point. I can't tell you how critical their feedback was.

All that discussion also explains why I am able to quickly respond with counterpoints. I am confident that this reorganization is a significant improvement. I am also confident that it is not perfect, or ever can be. We should never stop trying to make it better, but seeking perfection will just make our brains hurt. All feedback is appreciated.

I'll go back to my original thought of why change things. I will say that the last couple of days there have been significantly fewer posts in Basic. At times, HOURS before a new post, whereas before I could go away for maybe a few minutes to a half hour and there would ALWAYS be a new post there. As some said, I imagine these posts are going
to the Physics & Physiology.
I admit I am not one that ever likes change. The idea of realigning things in an order that may be seen as divers progressing may make sense, but consider this-- Most who remain members are dedicated divers over the years-- not all of course, as there are always new members coming. But one gets used to where things are, and a dedictated diver
will no doubt figure it all out no matter what the order is. So why change it? I am not as likely to
visit Basic if I suspect nothing new will be there. I used to belong to just about every scuba forum out there and quit all but
the NJ one and this one-- because there is almost always at least one post of interest, and more often than not it is in Basic.
The last post right now in Basic is from 3:52 A.M. It is 10:27 P.M.-- that's approx. 19 hours. Maybe it's just a glitch?
Actually, in some situations it is a good idea to "stop trying to make it better". I get frustrated when dealing with my mutual funds' websites and other websites when I don't use them for a while and now they are "better". Now I have to find things again. And of course everyone on the phone must say "you can find that on our website" after which I say "I know, but it's quicker to just call and be on hold for half an hour" (while I'm reading Basic on SB.....).
They are always trying to improve on TV programming....look at the great shows on now (not being sarcastic) and how difficult it is to watch them regularly, or even find out when the next new episode airs. It didn't need to be improved upon from back in the 90s.

How many enjoy having to re-learning how to use a website they've been using for years? I sure don't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom