Fort Pierce Alert!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It is one of those TEN TIMES a YEAR that the shore diving is GREAT in St Lucie County.

The water looked great from shore I could see the bottom standing at shore at dusk. I spoke with some local commericial fisherman who were diving for losters (I love that idom) who said they had top to bottom all the way out to 25'. (which was as far as they went chasing losters.) 25' deep here is a LOOOONNNNGGGG Row from shore and you are not going to swim it unless you have gold medals on the wall even then, you are not swimming back.

I am going to "Jam" the tank tommorow and hit the beach. I might even grab a bug if he jumps out at me but mainly just going diving... and at $4.00 a trip I am going to love it.

There is a group diving the Urca de Lima this weekend but the parking sucks. You have to park in the Northernmost Peper Park Beach lot and haul your crap (gear) 1,000 yards. This is a pace counted BY ME distance and accurate, you will get tired if you did not bring some kind of wheels or some sort of sicko cave diver accustom to doubles and 500 stairs down some dark hole, to a 36" wide opening.

One of those Home Depot Wheelbarrel works great.

If you can make it.. 772-332-7344 Cell

Nevermind, I went in yesterday.

10' vis and Cold. 68 degrees at 15' and the surfline was about 74 degrees.

Now if you are looking to dive with BullSharks this is the time. I had Three encounters at the second ~ third reef line. I do not know if it was different sharks or the same one but the ocean is theirs(his) and I am but a guest.

I swam back to shore with my losters and spent some QT with a barmaidien who talked me out of the tails, well more of a trade actually.

It is cold, murky and apparently full of sharks. The losters seemed to have moved out further to get closer to the gulfstream so say the commerical fisherman up here.

Well I had a good dive, as in every dive I get to do that I walk away from is a good dive.

Eric

I just back from Chicago....My son is offially in the NAVY....Boot Camp Graduation!!!!

Water is still cold....That sucks!

ScubaKat11's venture crew dove the Urca de Lima yesterday. The reports I received was 15' viz and water temp of 72. They found the anchor and one of the cannons. Overall, they were happy with their dive.

ScubaKat11 couldn't go, though... She had 4 teeth removed, so she's on dry land this week...

Scuba Dad. I had an invite to that but I missed it. Glad I did not miss a chance to dive with you and yours.

Hope to catch you there again sometime.

Eric

I'm diving the afternoon trip with Pura Vida in WPB on Saturday... then we're heading over to Blue Heron Bridge for a 6:30 PM high tide... ScubaKat11 and FlDiveJunkie will be with me.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom