Fort Lauderdale winter diving -- how to stay warm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just popping in to follow this thread to learn about florida (ft lauderdale) diving and surprised to learn about how cold it is!
I noticed people writing about 7mm suits and drysuits!
And then I noticed the actual figures that were getting posted! :-D

I think I should be A-OK for my quick visit!
My local Cali water is around 50F :)

Last edited:
I always liked my dry suit in the winter. With just shorts and a t-shirt underneath, I only needed 4 pounds of weights with my steel b/p. In the middle of winter, especially at night, this is maybe one or two million times better than any wetsuit.
In a trilamdrysuit, you feel the cold of the water, but because you're dry, life is good. Plus there is that infinitely exquisite sensation of squeeze-dropping to the bottom before equalizing the dry suit that might be the best part of the dive.

did two boat dive last weekend the January 14/15 ...only wore a 3mm with a hooded vest and was comfortable.... ocean temps 75/76 F.....continues to be a warm winter this year so far.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom