Forming Olympus user group for So Cal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire:
Olympus did.

Saw the post.

Know the class.

Seen the material.

Was curious as to who the instructor was - I know many, many people at Oly.

Just curious.

Thanks -

K

Mo2vation:
Saw the post.

Know the class.

Seen the material.

Just curious.

Thanks -

K

Oh, sorry, I didn't understand. I have the names at home. One guy was from Canada and one was from here in LA. I think the LA guy's first name is Juan. I will have to look at my materials later.

Hi all, I'd be interested in joining in. I live in South Pasadena but usually dive from charter boats, or beaches spanning Malibu / Redondo / Palos Verdes / Corona del Mar / Laguna. I have the peculiar habit of shooting u/w photography while freediving (breath-hold diving) at least as often as I scuba dive.

I started using an Oly 5050 about six months ago after shooting film with a Nikonos V for a year and a half. I'm at the point where I've got a fair amount of the basics sort of figured out, but feel as though I still have a lot to learn.

I agree with ChrisM that the most convenient way to gather would probably to do occasional boat trips.

P.S. Chris is just being modest, he's an expert. ;-)

We have opened an Olympus Users group in the Photo Section.

K

Mo2vation:
Saw the post.

Know the class.

Seen the material.

Just curious.

Thanks -

K

Got the names - the two main instructors (they tag-teamed) were Norm Dutcher (from Canada) and Joe Guzman...

Frank O:
P.S. Chris is just being modest, he's an expert. ;-)

I have had one of Chris M's beautiful photos -Kelp to Infinity-as my desktop wallpaper for, gosh, almost 2 years?? Time to load a new one onto this newer computer until I can do a decent one of my own!

Thanks Chris M!

I would be interested in meeting up too!
I'm in San Diego, but willing to drive.
Weekends probably work the best for me (Driving up to LA with the evening weekday traffic is no fun). Of course if you want to come down to SD then I'm game any time.

Anyone interested in doing a meet & dive?
Maybe we could spend a couple hours sharing knowledge and then immediately go and put that into practice with a nice little dive...

--Dan

I'm in!
I live in Costa Mesa.
I got the c-5050 and pt-015 six months ago. Everything I took in Roatan was in point and shoot mode.
Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and weekends are good.

Beepbird

I'm also located in San Diego and use a C5050 PT-015 (no strobes yet!) but try to dive at least a few times a month. I'm still new to the C5050 and want to learn more of the advanced functionality that the camera has to offer.
Dan, we should blow some bubbles some time!

Craig

Back
Top Bottom