Former HMNZS Wellington is down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
Eventually you're going to end up planning trips back to Vancouver.
Hi Sean. Long time no see. When are you going to come diving in Vancouver? (On second thought, the weather sure sucked last time out a couple weeks ago. 6C, rain, and the water was pretty cold, too.)

I spend so much time in Oz, sometimes it seems like I don't really live in Vancouver anymore. LOL

Daryl Morse:
I got to hear about the mayor's dive first hand. I sat beside her on a flight from Wellington to Sydney on Tuesday morning. Quite a coincidence.
LOL. Was she all excited? They had to wait around for hours before she could dive it as two of the explosive charges didnt go off. We were back at the shop willing them to hurry up so the boat could come back and pick us up. It was 20:30 by the time we touched down on her.
For a mayor she wasnt a bad diver either.

Azza:
LOL. Was she all excited? They had to wait around for hours before she could dive it as two of the explosive charges didnt go off. We were back at the shop willing them to hurry up so the boat could come back and pick us up. It was 20:30 by the time we touched down on her.
For a mayor she wasnt a bad diver either.
When they sat down beside me, one of the flight attendants asked how her dive was. When that happened a second time, I asked her if she dove the Wellington. Having had to get up at 4AM to catch the flight, it took me a while to put 2 and 2 together, but I eventually figured out she was the mayor, your student. When we started talking about it, it became pretty obvious she was pleased about the dive. I didn't think to mention the ScubaBoard connection.

Another interesting coincidence is that I know the guy who sunk the ship. He was involved in sinking some of the ex-Canadian Navy ships, as well as some other ex-Navy ships elsewhere. Interesting guy, has a lot of stories and a warehouse full of cool stuff from the ships.

Daryl Morse:
Hi Sean. Long time no see. When are you going to come diving in Vancouver? (On second thought, the weather sure sucked last time out a couple weeks ago. 6C, rain, and the water was pretty cold, too.)

I spend so much time in Oz, sometimes it seems like I don't really live in Vancouver anymore. LOL

I don't know. Perhaps sometime between next May and August?

Argh! I really want to dive this before it gets covered in life. Just so that it will be a totally different type of dive, and then I can dive it in a few years and go "ooohhh...."

TheYellowSubmarine:
Argh! I really want to dive this before it gets covered in life. Just so that it will be a totally different type of dive, and then I can dive it in a few years and go "ooohhh...."
Mate she has only been down around 6 weeks but already she is getting covered in kelp and the small fry fish have made her their home.
Last night we were out diving her and during our safety stop we looked down as a huge school of kahawai made there way around, over and through her.

Too late cobber, she is being claimed.

Back
Top Bottom