Foreigners not allowed in Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of today, 20th June 2021, the situation in Indonesia looks terrible. It seems a disaster is developing very fast now. Either it will be an economical disaster or a healthcare disaster. Probably both. The situation is many times worse than in March 2020. And the potential development I do not really want to think about.

Sinovac... sadly not surprising. It's like 51% effective and barely passable by WHO standards. It is supposedly still 80-90% effective against serious symptoms/death, which I guess fit the above narrative. Blows my mind that here in HK given the choice(!) between Pfizer and Sinovac, so many people still opt for Sinovac. They should donate our soon-to-expire Pfizer shots.
Today figure:
33,700 were inoculated with BioNTec
17,800 were inoculated with sinovac
We are NOT that stupid.

I gave up hoping for Indonesia to open this year & rescheduled our Sangalaki trip on White Manta in August this year to next year. Still have not rescheduled our February 2022 trip to Raja Ampat on Blue Manta, yet. Fingers crossed, knock on wood that they will open the country by early next year.

I have several bungalows booked at NAD-Lembeh Feb 5-15, 2022. I too hope Indonesia opens. But I will not be surprised to have to re-book again. This trip was originally scheduled for early this year and I spend a fortune advertising this trip and others for 2020 and 2021 that did not happen...oh well.

We moved ours from last year to Dec. 2021 for RA. Option now is to reschedule to March 2022 but not sure if Indonesia will even be ready by then. Thinking of canceling at this point....

Banda Sea and Alor booked for late 2022 and I am starting to think that might be too soon :(

Banda Sea and Alor booked for late 2022 and I am starting to think that might be too soon :(
I hope not. I have Forgotten Island on Amira booked a year ago (pre-Covid) for October 2022.

We moved ours from last year to Dec. 2021 for RA. Option now is to reschedule to March 2022 but not sure if Indonesia will even be ready by then. Thinking of canceling at this point....
You ought to contact them first and ask for suggestion.

You ought to contact them first and ask for suggestion.
Any owner, manager or operator in Indonesia might have an opinion. But not one of us can predict how things will develop.

Any owner, manager or operator in Indonesia might have an opinion. But not one of us can predict how things will develop.

We can predict there will be no certainty for the near future. It will be interesting to see the prices for liveaboards in the future.
I would love to do a long trip with Raja and Komodo during a vacation to Bali. I fear it may not happen this year or in 2022.

I was hoping to do a liveaboard to Raja Ampat at the end of 2021, then a land/sea adventure to Komodo. Is the consensus that it is still risky to make a reservation because of Covid concerns? I do not want to get into a non-refundable situation. Any thoughts?

Any recommendations for a liveaboard operation that is on the higher quality end? Also, does anyone have a group going in 2021 or 2022 with availability for a single female to join?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom