Foreign tourists be able extend visa on arrival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Already one could apply for a 60 days visa. But not upon arrival. You should do that in a Embassy outside Indonesia.

Great that it can be extended but most tourists don't want to spend a couple of days of their holiday dealing with Indonesian bureaucracy at an immigration office! Also as Indonesia is such a big place it is often difficult to get to an immigration office, especially if you're in a remote place diving! Its ok for tourists in Bali, where do doubt there will be many agents offering to make your extension hassle free, but for the rest of Indonesia - just try walking into an immigration office and speaking English!

Really the government should have made the tourist visa 60 days on arrival if they wanted their new regulation to have any real impact on tourism! But hey step-by-step! :)

Wasage,

As I thought. This is really of little or no use to many - including me. I don't see this happening for those of us that travel around Indonesia. We will need to get the 60 day visa through the embassy before traveling to Indonesia. Unless it can be done on arrival it is of little or no use.

SnappyTheDiver,

I think you are definitely better off applying for the 60 day tourist visa before traveling to Indonesia as it is sure to be a cheaper and less stressful option! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom