Forecast interpretation request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

House Gecko

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A couple of friends and myself are planing on driving down from the Bay Area in the morning. Hoping for a two tank shore dive at Point Lobos or along Monterey Bay. I am wondering if anyone was out today and how the conditions were. I am just starting to be able to demystify the forecasting charts and tables. I can sometimes interpret real good or real bad conditions. What I am seeing on the charts for tomorrow in regards to swell seems to be in the middle area that I am not sure how to interpret. Any one want to try to explane the tea leafs for me please?

MON
E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SW 10 TO 20 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES LESS THAN 2 FT...BECOMING 3 FT IN THE
AFTERNOON. W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT AT 12 SECONDS.

Mike I have read your posts in the past and know you have spent some time in the water so I really appreciate your feedback. It looks like we are going to make the drive. I'll post here the reality of the conditions and how the dives were after the fact. Probably tomorrow night or the next morning if I end up passing out after washing my gear.

Tomorrow looks like a good day to dive Pt. Lobos.

Have a great time and tell us all about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom