Force Fin identification help requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alyafi

Registered
Reaction score
I recently got a hold of a pair of Polyurethane black Forcefins that I am trying to identify. From the size they look like Extra Forcefins, but they have closed foot pockets (not open toe), webbing straps instead of bungee heel straps and smooth undersides (no vortex generators). Could anyone help me identify the fin model name and manufacture year? Any other information you might have would be greatly appreciated as well.

I am attaching some pictures of the fin to help with the identification. In some of the pictures I photographed them next to my Excellerating Forcefins for scale and reference.

Thanks

Al Yafi

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345742819.825235.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1345742886.838813.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345743061.691937.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345743164.557732.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345743425.739802.jpg

Alyafi, holly smokes..you have a very special pair of the Extra Force with bulbous enclosed foot pocket. I wonder how you got your hands on them??????, since they went out to very special Force Fin Testers. The other pair with whiskers .. Tan Delta Excellators. This week end I will continue my story on how the Extra Force was made, till then read this week's blogForce Fin I have some cool photo's of your fin in use.... Best, Bob

Wow, how interesting. This pair of fins belonged to Shareef Adnan Jamil, an adventurer/scuba diving professional. He is kind of like the Arab Jaques-Cousteau. In the 1970's/1980's (not sure which), he started one of the first red sea scuba diving centers in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia called 'The Arab Circumnavigator' (named so because Mr. Jamil and his wife were the first Arabs to sail around the world). I was gifted these fins by one of his associates. Perhaps Mr. Jamil acquired these fins when he was considering stocking Force Fins at his business?

Thanks for responding so quickly and for directing me to the blog. It was great to see a little bit of the history of these fins, especially the prototypes with the green foot pockets riveted to the blade.

Do you know the approximate manufacture date of these fins?

Sincerely,

Al Yafi

Alyafi, Only a few special divers received these fin's, and it makes sense that Shareef Adnan Jamil had these fins. My wife Susanne and I became good friends years ago with Shareef Adnan Jamilf and please give him our best regards. I will look up the date, but I remember we met at DEMA in Houston, and it was in the late 1980's. Best, Bob

For what it's worth (I know, I know the haters are around) I have had mine for about there years now and LOVE THEM. Period! Ex-Army Ranger and I will never go back to those lonnnngggggg tired fins that are all the rage now with all those 'shock absorber' thingies. UGHH

Dear Bob, I certainly will if I get the opportunity. My understanding is that he and his wife have retired in Egypt and run a mango farm there. I am appreciative of owning a little piece of Force Fin History.

Back
Top Bottom