Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just on the other side of State Street, Santa Barbara, was Creative Sports. Hand cast Poly-Urethane was being used to make high performance skate wheels. Easly group to work with.. Our fiberglass tooling allow us to move quickly. Thinking about it today we were the first in making swim fins this way. Here I am spraying silcone on our molds as a release agent..No Mask..I learned real quick around these chemicals. Our products. Made in USA

Attachments

• gg-16-fw.jpg
    gg-16-fw.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 140
Each day after working at Kirby-Morgan Kirby Morgan Jimmy showed up at 28 Anacapa Street , Santa Barbara, California. I had that "COLD" 6 pack of BUD ready for him. We were a team for over 10 years. I will share times of learning and respect for Jimmy. I had support fm my parents and many friends. Some like Rick Willaims and John Hodges ( Bad Boy). But for tonight, here is Jimmy after we moved into La Mer Bleu Productions offices. Time to hide what we were doing..girl friend Diana playing with "Maggie."

Attachments

• a-41-clean-resized.jpg
    a-41-clean-resized.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 135
Looks like the dark ages, not sure about the sun glasses..but I am working on a foot pocket design. Had a real problem no one could figure out... Work shop at 28 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, California. Might have been dipping into Jimmy's Bud's.. Black square was for shaping viewing and we sprayed gel coat on the wall for testing spray pattern.

Attachments

• a-37-clean-resized.jpg
    a-37-clean-resized.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 128
Quess who got to do most of the fiber glass grinding ? Your right... Bob Evans, on the right with grinder..... I am getting the itch today while un-packing old files from the work shop. Fiberglass is nasty stuff and we wore the right gear, most of the time. News paper to help keep dust traveling down our vent system. We made a box with panels that helped capture most of the fiberglass then a replaceable filters. Inside 28 Anacapa Street work shop. Now called " The Funk Zone ".https://www.funkzone.net/

Attachments

• hh-18-fw.jpg
    hh-18-fw.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 139
98 % of my time was now fiberglassing different fin designs. We were getting closer to some thing great. Some times I would glass next to Elaine Hyde glass blowing work shop " Women Work Shop " ...my Brother in Law, Dana Rosen captured me in Black and White, 28 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, California 1980's.

Attachments

• scan-7-2018036-fw.jpg
    scan-7-2018036-fw.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 112
Let me intoduce to you our best friend Richard C. Williams. Rick sand sanding one of our fiber glass molds, 28 Anacapa Street work shop.

Attachments

• hh-1.jpg-fw.jpg
    hh-1.jpg-fw.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 123
Bod, do you realize you've got enough matter to start a book ? :wink:

JMBL, found all models made and will run back a few steps before moving forward..but look what I found.!!! a Fab Force fin design, with a piece of plastic sewn onto fabric fin blade. Made dozens of different concepts of FAB Force.

Attachments

• forcefin-scans226-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans226-fw.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 115
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom