Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• IMG_4024.jpg-fw.jpg
    IMG_4024.jpg-fw.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 84
Greg Holt, host of Scuba Radio captured me swimming with Sperm Force fins in Grand Cayman Islands. You just glide along like a sea snake. No effort at all to move quickly. Like cracking a whip.

Attachments

• holt001-fw.jpg
    holt001-fw.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 81
It's been over 28 years since Jimmy Gray passed on. We worked side by side for over 10 years with Force Fins. Hard to imagine he is gone, I learned so much about shaping and fiberglass tooling. Jimmy was laying up Kirby Morgan Diving hats and brought years of surf board shaping to the table....I also learned from our Artist Father Gordon B. Evans. Why Force Fins Are Made In U.S.A. – Force Fin

Attachments

• img020-fw.jpg
    img020-fw.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 047a.png-fw.png
    047a.png-fw.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 96
  • img016.jpg-fw.jpg
    img016.jpg-fw.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 89
Ok gang, selling production molds at $350.00. Top half with Lion Logo. Will add your name. Also will sign since I made this production mold that made thousands of Force Fins. So own a piece of American History. Mold # 712.

Attachments

• 712-mold.jpg
    712-mold.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 86
Molds are generally cut out of a big block of steel. At the time we started Force Fin, each mold had around a $40,000 price tag. In today’s dollars that is the equivalent of around $120,000. Bob Evans hand shaped master tooling, with blades propotional to foot for sizes xs, small, medium, medium large, large, extra large, 2-X Large. Over the years we made more than 30 models of Force Fins. To launch with a size run just for the Original and Pro Model Force Fins we were were looking at a cost of more than $750,000 current dollars, with that investment capital tied up for around 18 months. That’s a pretty high capital expense for a fin company.

Never one to cower at a challenge, Bob Evans decided to find a solution. He applied techniques he learned from his artist/sculpter father and growing up as a member of Hermosa Beach California surfing community to develop fiberglass epoxy (later filled with aluminum) tooling and molds. Each mold came in with a cost of around $3,000, and Force Fin was up and running – successfully!

Over the year, Bob Evans and his crew made 100’s of molds, that together produced millions of Force Fins. Dr. Phil Nuytten with his signed Force Fin mold. Well own American History 40 years now, Collectible – Revolutionary Mold 712 for Revolutionary Force Fin – Force Fin

Attachments

• DSC_0295.jpg
    DSC_0295.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 71
Cleaning up Oxnard warehouse and found some ...Adj foot pocket on a future EXCELLERATING FORCE FIN – Force Fin . You can see the backside ribbing and first Fin Vortex Generators. I also made a curved design as well as this flat blade design. The scoup shape won out..sure I will find those soon. Like going into a TOMB

Attachments

• IMG_4159-fw.png
    IMG_4159-fw.png
    690.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4160-fw.png
    IMG_4160-fw.png
    688 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4162-fw.png
    IMG_4162-fw.png
    912 KB · Views: 64
Cleaning up Oxnard warehouse and found some ...Adj foot pocket on a future EXCELLERATING FORCE FIN – Force Fin . You can see the backside ribbing and first Fin Vortex Generators. I also made a curved design as well as this flat blade design. The scoup shape won out..sure I will find those soon. Like going into a TOMB

Aren't you a bit gloomy on that one ? I'd have said an archaeology dig...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom