Force Fin Bungee Strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The stock bungee strap has been a problem for me to don when shore diving, but I finally found a cure. I simply removed the heel pad with the little strap that was intended to pull the thing up over the heel. Anyone who has tried to don the fin by the pull strap in surf will know what I'm talking about.

The simple bungee without any of the flat part and pull tag is now much easier for donning in California surf and the whole thing is much simpler. Less is more! The bungee now acts like a handle that stabilizes the fin as you put it on your boot.

Adam

IMG_0649.jpgIMG_0650.jpgSorry I used sloppy terminology. The "flat part" is the heel pad with the pull tab. Whoever designed this envisaged that you pull on the pull tab to lift the whole thing: bungee and heel pad over your heel. In practice what happens is the whole fin twists in surf and you can have a rough time trying to don the fin before a wave knocks you down. Just take that whole heel pad contraption off and the thing works much better. To remove the heel pad you just undo the mount at one end of the bungee and slip the heel pad off the bungee. You need to shorten the bungee a bit to take up some of the bulk of the heel pad.

Note how now the bungee acts like a handle that stabilizes the fin from twisting as you put the fin on your boot, and without the heel pad there is more room for your foot to enter the fin.

Adam

Last edited:
huh, never thought about that, but then I don't use it all that often either, I just don't need the strap unless I am in heavy surf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom