??? for Zena users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got my new Zena and am wondering where everyone puts all their "stuff" since it doesn't have regular pockets. I actually don't carry a lot of stuff, but the one really good thing about a jacket BC is that they have good pockets. Has anyone bought an extra pocket to stick on the front?

Also, when you dive, do you use the rear weight pockets as well as the side ones for weighting?? I only carried 12# of weight with my old jacket BC in salt water, and since I'm losing fat and building muscle (working out 6 days a week), I'm anticipating only carrying 8-10# when I dive in Maui, so will I need those rear pockets for weight, or can I use them for little used stuff like my folding snorkel?

TIA

I don't have a Zena, but I've got a Ladyhawk and the same problem with needing a place to put things. Right now I slip a pocket on the waistband (DiveRite Mesh One-Zipper Pocket) but it's not quite big enough and it's intended to go on wider webbing. I tried some other bigger pocket but it was too big and floppy to work there. I'm making a pocket right now customized to my stuff, and I may just sew it to the top edge of the cumberbund, I saw some other BC with something like that.

I am using my rear weight pockets for a strobe and folding snorkel, of course if I need either of them I've got to take off the BC or have my buddy get them out - fortunately that hasn't happened and probably won't. I don't use them for weights as if I put even a 2# in each, that would be most of my weight. I think I need some weight in the back though, so I am going to try a 2-3# right on the tank strap in the middle. With 8-10# you may find you want to put some weight in those.

DiveMe:
I just got my new Zena and am wondering where everyone puts all their "stuff" since it doesn't have regular pockets. I actually don't carry a lot of stuff, but the one really good thing about a jacket BC is that they have good pockets. Has anyone bought an extra pocket to stick on the front?

Also, when you dive, do you use the rear weight pockets as well as the side ones for weighting?? I only carried 12# of weight with my old jacket BC in salt water, and since I'm losing fat and building muscle (working out 6 days a week), I'm anticipating only carrying 8-10# when I dive in Maui, so will I need those rear pockets for weight, or can I use them for little used stuff like my folding snorkel?

TIA
I have the older Zena, before they added the back weight pockets, so all my weights go in the standard side pockets. It's never been a problem. As for storage, at first I was not happy with the lack of pockets compared to my husband's Escape and I bought an extra pocket that attached to the side webbing. After a while I found I really didn't use it. (It became my emergency stuff kit.) Pretty much everything gets attached to my upper & lower D-rings ..... safety sausage, shears, lights, camera. Since I always hook each item to the same spot, it's easy to remember what's where if needed - no digging thru a pocket. Other than the pocket issue (what is it with womens clothes never having pockets anyway? Are we supposed to carry a purse underwater?!? :wink: ), I have to say I LOVE my Zena .... it's so comfortable, and easy to get in & out of. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom