for the metric impaired

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl:

i hadn't heard that one in a long time

Saudi-Diver:
As a "european" ok Brit who dives a lot with American Buddies and often is the only one working in Bar and metres I find myself naturally calculating the conversions in my head but you should see the horror on my buddies face when I forget and signal I have 100 bar left and am still at 30 metres oops.
At least you can convert in your head.

A couple years ago in Key Largo, FL my buddy-for-the-day was a UK tourist in rental gear. He was totally confused by the feet and psi gauges. Couldn't even follow my simple 1000psi=70bar conversion rule.

I finally came up with a spg "conversion" factor that he could handle: "green = OK", "yellow -- we should be headed back", "red - we should be on the boat".

roakey:
If his age was base four, he could not have the digits 6 and 4 in his age.

Sorry, I'm a computer weenie, and do base-n stuff all the time :)

Roak

You are right, he must have been about 212 which should make him 86 ??? Right??

I told you my Khmer (Cambodian) was not that good didnt I???

what in GOD'S NAME are you people talking about??????

stop it with all these numbers you are driving me NUTS!!!

(phew... i feel so much better now)

Mr Mares:
The sooner the world goes metric the better :wink:

What next, Soccer as a sport? Crimany. Please. Just kill me now.

however, a certian French dive buddy of mine reccently had a Son (like yesterday afternoon) and he called me with the good news - however, he was quick to point out that the kid was blah-blah-blah something-meters long, and blah-blah-blah something-meters in weight.

Whatever

In reality the kid was a big 7.11# and almost 22" long.

Metric bites.

K

Mo2vation:
What next, Soccer as a sport? Crimany. Please. Just kill me now.

however, a certian French dive buddy of mine reccently had a Son (like yesterday afternoon) and he called me with the good news - however, he was quick to point out that the kid was blah-blah-blah something-meters long, and blah-blah-blah something-meters in weight.

Whatever

In reality the kid was a big 7.11# and almost 22" long.

Metric bites.

K

Whats wrong with soccer? :D

An atmosphere (1 ATM) that equals "ten" (meters), and suspended particles that force human beings to absorb more nitrogen, where will it all end?

It does seem Ironic that the land of the free and the home of the brave use a set of measures and weights called the Imperial system.

I thought that would have been thrown in Boston harbor soon after all the tea!

Mo2vation:
he was quick to point out that the kid was blah-blah-blah something-meters long, and blah-blah-blah something-meters in weight.

I'm sure everyone else was being nice about this one, but I'm in a mood today. :crafty: You can't weigh meters.
grams. or in people cases, kilograms.

I can't do the metric either, I just thought I'd be difficult.
:11ztongue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom