For sale- Drysuit- DUI CLx450 sz LARGE Gd to VG Cond. w/ Rockboots (sz 11 or 12)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave4868

Old diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For sale- Drysuit- DUI CLx450 sz Large, with Rockboots (sz 11 or 12 available).

Asking $700 or make offer.

I would prefer to sell this suit to a local buyer who can examine the suit for condition and fit prior to purchase. If it doesn’t sell here, I’ll put it on eBay.

This is a great drysuit! Manufactured in 2001, I purchased it UN-used in 2002 from the original owner who had never even gotten it wet. I'm moving to Florida within a year or so and won't need this suit (I'll be keeping my old DUI TLS350 for rare use down there.)

Size LARGE on the 2001 DUI charts was recommended to fit the range of 5'10" to about 6'2", 175-220lbs or so. It's NOT a custom-sized suit and NOT a "cave cut". It's the standard LARGE. Current DUI size charts may be slightly different from those of 2001. I'll be happy to take some specific measurements of the suit, if needed. In person examination of the suit will be best, of course.

Rockboots will be included in this sale or you can subtract $25 if you don't want them. I have either sz 11 (like new) or sz 12 (fair condition). I used the larger size to accomodate extra insulation in the winter.

FIT:

When I purchased this suit, I was 5'9" and close to 200lbs and I wanted a slightly oversized fit to accomodate very thick insulaton for winter diving. It fit very nicely over my winter insulation. When I wear very light insulation in the summer, it's a roomy fit, which I also like, since range of motion is so good. The Telescoping Torso design helps take up longitudinal excess. Air bubble shifting can be managed easily by reducing the amount of air in the suit. For the past two years, I've kept my weight down around 160lb and I still love the fit of this suit!

The pic below is of me wearing the suit for scalloping in June 2011. At that time, I was 160lbs and wearing a moderate amount of insulation for water temps in the low 40's, so you can see it fit well.

PLEASE NOTE: the SiTech drygloves pictured are NOT INCLUDED in this sale.

CONDITION:

I've done several hundred dives on this suit and have taken very good care of it. I replaced the zipper and all seals not too many dives ago. I sealed a slight leak in one a seam of one of the boots with AquaSeal a couple years ago and have been dry since. NO damage anywhere on this suit, just normal wear. Good to Very Good condition, in my opinion.

I have a pair of replacement 2mm Yamamoto size 13 neoprene drysuit socks (from Steve Gamble Scuba). I've been keeping them handy for when the boots finally start leaking again (which will eventually happen). I'll sell those here for $100, if desired. Otherwise, I'll keep them for my other suit.

I'll also be selling an undergarment separately (Weezle Extreme Plus, size Large, with the Weezle booties). That will be $175. I found the Weezle Extreme Plus is good for 30 to 45 degrees. Even for an easily chilled diver like myself, it was too warm for water temps above 45, even for my low activity. I use Polartec sportswear for higher temps.

Please note that I'm also selling other items that might make your trip to my area worthwhile, namely a scuba tank tumbler and an UW towed video system (see my other posts in this forum). I'm even toying with the idea of parting with a couple of PST hp steel 100's, but that just seems like crazy talk at the moment, even though I still have 4 hp120's.... :rofl3:

An alternative that might be more convenient, I'll bring the suit with me during my week-long vacation in Rockport, MA, from June 23 to June 30, 2012. I'll be happy to part with the suit in the latter part of that week (I'm probably going to use it early in the week). Unfortunately, I won't have room for the tumbler and video system in my car. However, I'd consider bringing them down in a trailer (for a pre-paid buyer, of course...).
04.gif

I'll include some USP Pure Talc for the latex neck and wrist seals, if you like.

$700 or Make Offer.

The suit is located in Marlborough, NH is just 5 miles east of Keene on main routes, easy to get to. Or arrange to purchase in Rockport, MA, as above.

Feel free to PM.

Dave C

The DUI CLx450 in June 2011:
09DSC06259_ACt_R1000_SB.jpg

Price drop: Now $600 or make offer. I will be in Rockport, MA, June 23 to 30 if that helps someone to see the suit.

I just dove the suit 6/10/2012 and it's in good shape.

Dave C

Priced reduced to $500.00. If you're interested, I'll have the suit with me in Rockport, MA, from Saturday, June 23 to Saturday, June 30, 2012. I'm not interested in shipping the suit at this time (I'll use eBay if it doesn't sell to an in-person buyer).

Feel free to PM me.

Dave C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom