For beginners - Point and shoot flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris,
What an awesome dude you are to help people. Thanks.
I have one question... for now. What is the best way to aquire digital images from slides? I don't know if there's anything I can do to help you, but let me know if I can. I'm good at swimming and lifting heavy things.

Scubakevdm:
Chris,
What an awesome dude you are to help people. Thanks.
I have one question... for now. What is the best way to aquire digital images from slides? I don't know if there's anything I can do to help you, but let me know if I can. I'm good at swimming and lifting heavy things.

The best method to digitize images from film ( positive or negative ) is to us a dedicated film scanner like the Nikon LS 4000, Polaroid dimage, Kodak RFS 3600 etc. or any scanner that will produce a 3600 to 4000 DPI image ( something like 16 to 18 megapixels ).

Scanning IS a pain in the butt! it is time consuming and usually requires a lot more photoshop work to "clean" up the image ( dust, scratches ) and then there is the issue of focus since the film is never perfectly flat. the other expensive option is having drum scans made which will reduce or eliminate the scratch issue as well as eliminate the focus problem due to the film curve.

I hate scanning so much I got the equipment to mount my Fuji S2 on my slide duplicator stand ( bowens Illumitron) for scanning stuff for Web use only, but I have been too lazy to actually give it a try.

all the best

Chris

packing up for Palau! Woo Hoo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom