Food options in Anilao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

houloulumulu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all, I just booked my flight to Manila and will be diving with ASDC. They offer packages including 2 dives, accommodations and food for 6000PHP which seems more than it was before covid, but seems much more fairly priced than other dive shops I explored. Also sounds like a place with genuinely nice people which is always great!

I'm really looking forward to the trip, but I love trying out a variety of food and having food cooked by the same kitchen for a few days in a row isn't ideal for me. For the people who've been there, are there any decent other food options around the area?

Also, we're arriving in Manila airport in the morning, so we're planning to take our time getting there by public transport, could anyone point us to a guide on how to get there cheaply? Any other recommendations more than welcome too!

1. You do not have much choice on eating out unless you either prepare to walk or take any transport offer by the resort or passing by.
2. You need to find out what does the P6.000.00 package cover ie. do you need to pay extra for the boat and dm.
3. Getting there by public transport is not difficult but does require effort.

a. Coming from Singapore so most likely by Cebu Pacific or Air Asia and your flight should land at T3.
b. Change money at the money changer/bank after you left custom. There are many and just pick the one with better rate.
c. Take the Yellow airport bus or the White ordinary bus outside the arrival terminal. You can't miss the Yellow taxi but the White taxi stand is at the extreme end of the terminal to your right as you come out from it. Tell the driver to go to Bus Terminal at Buendia via Skyway(you will need to pay the toll) and will be drop right outside JAC Terminal(next to a MacDonald).
d. Get off at Batangas Grand Terminal and take a jeep bound for Anilao. Ask the driver to drop you off at the turn off to the Peninsular. Get any trike for the last leg.
e. Warning: Local traffic around Anilao will be very light from late afternoon(17:00). So make sure you can contact your resort in case you require assistance.

Have fun.

They did mention that it includes equipment rental, conservation and boat fees, with additional boat dives at 1500PHP and shore dives at 1000PHP. Seems fair to me.

Thanks for your reply, I hope we manage to get out to see and eat at nearby towns too!
1. You do not have much choice on eating out unless you either prepare to walk or take any transport offer by the resort or passing by.
2. You need to find out what does the P6.000.00 package cover ie. do you need to pay extra for the boat and dm.
3. Getting there by public transport is not difficult but does require effort.

a. Coming from Singapore so most likely by Cebu Pacific or Air Asia and your flight should land at T3.
b. Change money at the money changer/bank after you left custom. There are many and just pick the one with better rate.
c. Take the Yellow airport bus or the White ordinary bus outside the arrival terminal. You can't miss the Yellow taxi but the White taxi stand is at the extreme end of the terminal to your right as you come out from it. Tell the driver to go to Bus Terminal at Buendia via Skyway(you will need to pay the toll) and will be drop right outside JAC Terminal(next to a MacDonald).
d. Get off at Batangas Grand Terminal and take a jeep bound for Anilao. Ask the driver to drop you off at the turn off to the Peninsular. Get any trike for the last leg.
e. Warning: Local traffic around Anilao will be very light from late afternoon(17:00). So make sure you can contact your resort in case you require assistance.

Have fun.

Thanks for your reply, I hope we manage to get out to see and eat at nearby towns too!
There is nothing nearby. It is also difficult to find any trike passing by in the evening. Coming back is another story. You can always try the nearest resort(walking) but whether they will serve outsider is another thing to consider. There won't be any street light so be careful. Ask your resort for opinion.
Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom