food in Brisas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simcoediver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ive spent a lot of money on booking a dive holiday with Brisas {all inclusive} and now Im reading that the food is not that good.What does that mean? Like hamburgers and macaroni and cheese? Or roast beef and seafood? Is it a buffet type thing?

simcoediver once bubbled...
Ive spent a lot of money on booking a dive holiday with Brisas {all inclusive} and now Im reading that the food is not that good.What does that mean? Like hamburgers and macaroni and cheese? Or roast beef and seafood? Is it a buffet type thing?

Forego the Brisas dinner a couple of times at least, and check out La Choza, or El Capi Navigante, or Prima, or Pancho's Backyard, or Santiago's, or the Sonora Grill, or... I'll bet you won't do an all-inclusive on Cozumel again, especially staying that close to town.

...over the summer and the food isn't that bad. I ate the breakfast buffet every morning and found it to be just fine--fresh fruits and assorted sweetbreads, hot dishes, fruit smoothies and omelets made to order, yogurts, juices and cereals...if you can't find something to eat with that selection, then you are too picky.

Lunch was pretty good too--they serve it at the beach club bar. It was usually off a menu--the chicken fajitas are actually really tasty but stay away from the fish fingers. They have an assortment of sandwiches and various other lunch-y type things off the menu, then they have a salad and dessert bar. But a few times during my Aug visit they had a buffet style lunch with hot dishes, along with the salad and dessert bar. That was only 2 days out of a week though--still can't figure out why they did that.

I never ate dinner there--I always walked into town for dinner, so I can't attest to that. But the people I travelled with ate dinner at the hotel and said it was awful, so that's probably what most pepole are talking about when they say the food isn't good.

But what I like about the Brisas is that the all-inclusive plan isn't much more than the European plan that only includes breakfast, so for just a little extra money, you get breakfast, lunch, and all your drinks, and can still afford to go out to dinner every night! Plus it's only a $3 cab ride to town or a 20 minute walk--it's really one of the better options for a budget hotel, and all the dive operations pick up at the hotel. So don't worry about the food so much--just go have a good time! :)

Sorry I didn't dive with Dive Paradise so I don't have info on them....

ggunn once bubbled...

Forego the Brisas dinner a couple of times at least, and check out La Choza, or El Capi Navigante, or Prima, or Pancho's Backyard, or Santiago's, or the Sonora Grill, or... I'll bet you won't do an all-inclusive on Cozumel again, especially staying that close to town.

Completely agree with ggun.....only I would add El Morro to the list as well. Prima's is my wifes favorite place. We eat there at least twice.

I'm headed to Brisas for the third year in a row, in January. The food was fine. Breakfast was very adequate, lunch was fine after spending all morning on the bottom, and dinners were OK. All meals were buffet. Dinner tended to get a bit boring by the end of the week and lunches appeared to be recycled dinner once in a while. By the way, the cakes are excellent - especially the mocha cake! It doesn't hurt to go into San Miguel for dinner a few times - even if you've paid for the meal plan. Relax, enjoy..you're there for the diving, right?:)

The difference between the all-inclusive plan and European plan is not that much. Breakfast and lunch or ok, just not great.
We had planned on eatting dinner out most of the time, so that
wasn't an issue for us. The drinks were great and I am sure we got our money's worth just on beverages alone.
Just don't go there expecting great food and fast service.
It was nice to be able to grab breakfast and lunch right there and
head out for our dives.

"Fast service" doesn't exist anywhere on Cozumel--when you go down there you have to adapt to "island time". And why rush when you're on vacation--relax and enjoy! :)

I should add here that all meals at Brisas weren't buffet when I was there in June and Aug. The lunch at the beach club was only buffet 2 days during the 10 combined days that I stayed there over 2 trips. Yes there is a salad bar and a dessert bar--bigz is right about that cake! Mmmmm....But otherwise, the actual lunch items were ordered off a menu. That might have just been a summer thing though, maybe lunch IS buffet during low season.

This November will mark the fourth time I have stayed at Brisas and dove with Paradise divers. I too have found the meals satisfactory. Breakfeast and lunch to me were always good. The dinners were adequate to good. Last June they had appetizer tables and wine/cheese set ups with the dinners not to mention the dessert tables which blew my mind. I even took photographs of the latter. I never had what someone would call "bad food".

If you are of the mind to sample fancier fare I would recommend, as others have to sample some of the fine restaurants in town.

As for Paradise Divers, I have been well satisfied, Especially with the fast, 6 pack boats for the morning dives. The dive masters are well trained, alert and friendly. I have over 1200 dives under my belt over much of this planet and I would rate Paradise in the upper 20 %. Be aware if you are a hard core diver that you can schedule a fast boat for the AM dives and also get on a slow boat with as many as 10 to 14 divers in the PM but this must be scheduled before you arrive. I have had excellent luck with Felix through Bay Adventures in setting up my Coz Trips. He will also get you the lowest airfares available.

The Professor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom