Foo Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi friends, my new computer keyboard and I are not bonding too well, and I have now tried to post 3, yes, three! times, only to delete the whole $^*$%^ thing before being able to submit... so I will be multi=posting in order to lose fewer posts. Sheesh.

Okay= it's been interesting to say the least. You may remember that FooMan and I sold our house in town last summer, moved to our land to live in our travel trailer, then shop, then our eventual retirement home.

So I guess I'm going to up my post count to make sure I don't lose things. Anyway, last summer FooMan and I sold our house in town to move to our land in the country and live in our travel trailer, then shop, then eventually into our retirement home.

Funny how your perspective changes when you're suddenly an empty-nester with a new job, home, etc. Especially in the wettest, coldest winter on record. My new fashion statement is coveralls with leopard spot mud boots. You do realize you can live without all that 'stuff' in storage, but you sure would love to have your bed...

So we do have our shop built with rv pulled up under the shed part. We have a washer and dryer hooked up finally, boy am I gonna miss the laundromat! One ti!me last fall this whole family was in there with flippin' masks on their faces, washing their linens and looking quite peaked... I think I stayed in the shower about an hour making sure those cooties weren't on me! We have most of our stuff out of storage, with one more rental to clean out and bring to the shop. Our house is in the dry and we are enjoying being able to see it and know that it really is going to happen, eventually. Our builder had a heart attack and has been recovering from the subsequent bypass surgery, while keeping in phone contact with us. We are very grateful that he is going to be well, he is a great guy.

In fact, I am sitting in the framed kitchen now, because after we moved the rv to the shop, we have no phone line (for the time being) up there. OUr satellite tv is also in here, for the same reason. I have dialup, yeehaw is it LIGHTING fast! not. We do enjoy hanging out in here, as even though it's not finished, we have a picture window and wrap around porches to watch the deer from, and that is probably the best part of living out here... besides noone watching you if you have to run out to the car in your underalls. And of course you guys all appreciate the morning step out to water the lawn.

My scuba gear has been in storage, but I have found it again! I cant wait to see my dive buddies and blow some bubbles very soon- my job is great, but it is time to blow some cooped-up stress. Hope to have some of you come visit us when we get the house done- which is still progressing,as FooMan is hiring subs and keeping things rolling as much as we're able. We have family electricians helping us complete the wiring that the builder had started (also an electrician) which has been a real blessing!

Again, hope to see you all real soon, probably at CSSP in mid-late April if life cooperates. Oh, and I haven't been online much due to having my new puter back to Best Buy 5, yes five, times for modem replacement. sigh. love you all,

Terry and Donald , Hang in there, sounds like you are doing just that. THANKS for the update! This is exciting!!!! :)

Good to hear from you Foo! Sounds like you're have a blast with life . . . . ok, at least life is interesting even if it is a little bit frustrating at times.

Hey Foo!

Good to hear from you again, thank you for the update. I know Lake Travis sure does miss you.

Have fun! Nirvana is all about the trip getting there.

Thanks yall, I'm sorry if I sounded negative, because I am very grateful to be where we are and in the position of being able to live like this. I know people in Haiti (and 90% of the world population) would be very envious of my nice rv and how privileged we are. It's really humorous and I know that this too shall pass and I will only appreciate my new home that much more. Again, thanks for the love and I do look forward to doing something normal again... like dive with my long-lost buddies.

Back
Top Bottom