Folly Night dive 9/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Fencingfish and I dove Folly again last night. Was optimistic the vis would have cleared up after Tropical depression/storm Danny that passed through over the weekend. One of my non-diver friends fishing out of Folly in PM called to let me know that it was flat calm and vis looked good to him from the surface.

It was a clear night and almost a full moon.

When we arrived at Folly, there was A LOT of seaweed washed on shore. (where there is normally sand)

We entered the left side of cove around 8:30 and the vis wasn't as good as has been recently but OK. (5-10 fsw?) Even with so so vis, we still had a great dive and enjoyed an 85 min bottom time. Our max depth was 43 fsw. We also came across the resident N. Red Anemone which was fully opened up. I fed it an urchin and watched it eat it up. On the way back, we passed it again and it was fully closed up digesting it?

The water is very warm now. The coldest temp reading I had was 60 degrees at the deepest at the point. The majority of the dive was 62 degrees.

We pretty much went at slow pace as my buddy was busy taking pictures of critter subjects. (Squid, Pipefish and a huge bug)

There were a couple other divers that had gone in just before us but we never came across them.

Can't wait to get back out again. It was a late night for both us but worth the trek out.

Back
Top Bottom