Folly 7/23 morning - report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lursxt

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Dove Folly Cove for the first time yesterday (agin with Undersea Divers' Dive Society) and I must say it was a pretty site. Entry and exit was tricky with the large rocks. I was wondering if I would fall and twist my ankle, but I managed OK. I'm considering getting the gold core hard soled boots! Surface conditions were calm and we entered at high tide which made it easier. First dive was on the left side on the wall. My first wall dive. Very cool!
thumbs-up.gif
Viz was 10-15ft and temps were 62-58 at about 30 fsw. Saw the typical marine life, but missed a large school of stripers. The DM brought it to our attention, by pointing out into the open water. I couldn't see anyting just murky water!
confused.gif

Dive two was on the right side, which is much different than the left. Lots of boulders. I went by three lobter traps, but didn't get fined! Most only had 1 or two in them though. Saw a few that looked to be keepers. The right side looks like a good place to get bugs, but no one was hunting. There were about 20 other divers at the site. My preference was for the left side of the cove. Can't wait to dive it again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom