Folding snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishmonkey1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I have seen a lot of stuff on here about using a "folding" snorkel, that you can throw into a pocket when you're not using it. I have a snorkel that is constantly clipped onto my mask, but after having it fall off, I would like that not to be a problem. What kind of snorkel are you guys using?

When I am required to carry one, or feel I might need it, I use a roll up snorkel that stays in my thigh pocket.

So I have seen a lot of stuff on here about using a "folding" snorkel, that you can throw into a pocket when you're not using it. I have a snorkel that is constantly clipped onto my mask, but after having it fall off, I would like that not to be a problem. What kind of snorkel are you guys using?

None, a waste of money IMHO. I know PADI is fixated on them, perhaps in an effort to drive LDS retail sales

A rool up and only when required to for classes. Otherwise none in most of the places I dive. Have a perfectly good reg and air for surface swims in rough water. Why use something less efficient?

I have an Apollo folding snorkle , fits in my bcd pocket with clip attatched . If I should find myself with a long surface swim I can put it on and off in seconds . Hardly ever , well I actually have never used it but it is there .
The Apollo one bends and folds into almost any shape , it is as advertised .

The Scubapro Nexus is an excellent snorkel and it will fold up & fit into a pocket.

My snorkel (simple and cheap) attaches to my back plate next to the tank for dives that could require an extended surface swim.

I use the Oceanic fold up snorkel. Very handy and stays out of the way in the bc pocket until needed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom