Folding Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the snap, not to use a lot but a good stowable. The holder that keeps it rolled is ok but not ideal. It's still on the Aqualung site but lots of places says not available, don't know what the deal is.

I also have the Apollo and hate it. It doesn't fold that well or small, comes with nothing to keep it folded, and doesn't recover shape well the tube tends to stay dented/constricted. It's actually a pretty good snorkel, just don't think its a very good stowable.

Can anyone with the Oceanic Pocket tell me if the mouthpiece is left right universal or is it angled to favor left hand use? I can't quite tell from the photos.

Its a removable mouthpiece so even if it was left or right handed, just flip it over!

Its a removable mouthpiece so even if it was left or right handed, just flip it over!

I would just rotate to holder 180 degrees, works fine either right or left handed.

Liberarto,

There are reasons for the standard gear rigging we are all taught. Bear in mind that most divers will expect your snorkel to be on your left side. Keep it simple for those trying to rescue you in your time of need.

...There are reasons for the standard gear rigging we are all taught. Bear in mind that most divers will expect your snorkel to be on your left side. Keep it simple for those trying to rescue you in your time of need.
Understood. Except at my time of need (at 60ft, let's say) I'm not going to have a snorkel. It will be in my pocket. :)

XS SCUBA has one that's made of some kind of rubber/vynil (best I can tell). In any case, its not nearly as exspensive as the other manufacuters and its 100% foldable. Heck! I actually "roll" mine up and stick in my BCD pocket. For whatever reason, it's not listed on thier webpage but your LDS should be able to order one for under 20 bucks. I would not, however recommend this as a primary use snorkel (freediving etc)or one for an OW student.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom