Flying with sorb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have some Arizona iced tea gallon jugs I'm thinking of using.....

Under what circumstances would people want to fly with sorb and not just get it at the destination?
Not all destinations have sorb available. U352 and Oriskany are two I have been to where sorb was not readily available but O2 was.

Under what circumstances would people want to fly with sorb and not just get it at the destination?
Mexican caves, it is available but at three times the price locally. I just bring a keg, use it and give the rest to somebody down there. Even giving away half a keg, you are still money ahead.

Mexican caves, it is available but at three times the price locally. I just bring a keg, use it and give the rest to somebody down there. Even giving away half a keg, you are still money ahead.

Yup that's what our instructor told us when we went down there. Bring it, even with baggage rates it's cheaper than securing locally.

Scapa Flow Scotland. I had to have it ordered in.

Not all destinations have sorb available. U352 and Oriskany are two I have been to where sorb was not readily available but O2 was.
That's bizarre. I've flown to some remote places but there was always sorb available from whoever was putting on the trip. I would have thought that getting it locally in the US (especially Florida and NC) would not be a problem. I guess I've been diving a sheltered life.

That's bizarre. I've flown to some remote places but there was always sorb available from whoever was putting on the trip. I would have thought that getting it locally in the US (especially Florida and NC) would not be a problem. I guess I've been diving a sheltered life.
Likewise. I can think of a couple of CCR instructors in Pensacola, and even if they can't get you sorb, I know of two shops within relatively easy driving distance that definitely will have it.

I have no problem when flying from Thailand to Maldives and vice versa, however get your safe to fly document ready for the sorb and also lots and lots of spare time at the airport because they will be asking a lot of question and checking with many officer at least that is what I came across during my travel. Also I recommend storing it in their original container because they are quite concern about its strength.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom