Flying Tomato

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9:
I'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. C'mon in the interview after he won, he was asked...what is the best part of winning the gold? He says...it'll help me get more babes. What kind of moron says that in front of the whole country?

Uhh... maybe the honest kind??? Let's see what could be better than getting more babes....I can show it to my Mom? No.... I can show it to the guys at the lodge? No.... I can admire it in my room? No..... I give up Kid. Help me out here.

KidK9:
Well anyways, something's gotta help you get the babes...it aint gonna be your looks or your sense of class....duuuude, gnarly, yo (heavy sarcasm)

I thought he was beautiful.

How bout....The ability to represent my country and succeed to its pinnacle at the purest of all athletic games.....

But hey...maybe...cuz it'll help me get laid! is the best response. Furthering the "dumb american" stereotype around the world.

KidK9:
I'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. C'mon in the interview after he won, he was asked...what is the best part of winning the gold? He says...it'll help me get more babes. What kind of moron says that in front of the whole country?

Well anyways, something's gotta help you get the babes...it aint gonna be your looks or your sense of class....duuuude, gnarly, yo (heavy sarcasm)

Sour grapes? Jealousy?
But you're entitled to your opinion.
:censored: by Mania - personal attack

NadMat:
Sour grapes? Jealousy?
But you're entitled to your opinion.
My opinion is that you are a jerk.

Pretty sure you just violated the terms of service tough guy. Way to chime in when it wasnt needed, wanted, or even appreciated.

HarryWhisman:
Wow!! Knocking a kid who just won the gold. That's cold dude.
It's just jealousy.

Shaun is a good kid in a sport that's often full of.. uh, bad seeds. He's pretty bright, he's full of life and energy, and he's dedicated to a sport at which he obviously excels.

Good for him, and congrats on the gold medal.

If you follow snowboarding you know that Shaun White's story is truly incredible. He was born and raised here in So Cal, just down the road from me in Carlsbad ... San Diego County. There are no mountains in Carlsbad ... he didn't grow up with fresh pow on his door steps. Instead, his parents had to drive a minimum of 120 miles each way to the nearest local mountain, where he got to ride man made crud 70% of the time. Partly due to his raw talent, dedication, and very strong family support, he was signed to Burton's all-star team by the time he was 10 years old. Since turning pro at the ripe age of 16 in 2002, he has absolutely dominated the sport. From that time, he has racked up 6 gold and 2 silver medals in X-Games competitions prior to his recent Olympic gold. He was also overcome some serious and potentially career ending injuries. Before he retires, he will have helped raise the bar in this sport to level that will not be easily touched for a long time.

Shaun has grown up in sub-culture, with a style of dress and language much different than that of main stream America. While you may not appreciate his look or manner of articulation, you should admire his achievement. We should all strive to excel as such at our chosen goals in life.

We should also not overlook the achievements of Danny Kass, who won the silver in the super pipe. Danny was a member of the 2002 US team of Powers, Thomas, and Kass who swept the event in 2002. He's worked very hard just to get back to the Olympics. He's coming home to Mammoth, CA with a nice upgrade from the 2002 bronze.

GO TEAM USA !!!!

SW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom