Flying Tomato

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9:
...but you are incredibly ugly and stupid....
Wow.... I realize looks are important to many folks, but this was just mean.

What do his looks have to do with his talent?

As for stupid - He's obviously smart enough to excel at something he enjoys doing. It's earned him tremendous opportunities that if he makes good choices, he'll be financially set for life.

As for needing a haircut.... who cares? Maybe it keeps his head warm :D

You go, Tomato! But I do agree - please be respectful during the singing of an Anthem - whether your own or someone else's country :rolleyes:

I'm a charter member of NAARP...

the National Association for the Advancement of Red-headed People

I'm a redhead, father of two redheads, brother in law to three, and son in law of one.

The Flying Tomato is O.K. with me. My nine year old skateboarding son whooped with delight over his win. I'm glad he has an Olympian hero to relate to...

As for chatting during the anthem, that bugged me a bit, but I can easily see the excitement of the moment overcoming good sense. I remember a past medal winner in swimming, Gary Hall, doing exactly the same thing. I don't think either of them intended disrespect, they were just caught up in a huge surge of emotion.

Steve
President, founder, NAARP

I’m not exactly sure why, but this post has been bugging me the last day or so. I usually refrain from posting to these types of threads, but I have been rather bothered by this statement, which appears to be just some cruel random comment judging another person on his looks.

KidK9:
you are incredibly ugly and stupid.

Maybe this bugs me because my daughter has just reached the age (middle school) when cliques form, judgments are made strictly on looks and comments made about others are often hurtful. In the soap opera drama that is 5th grade, my daughter and her friends have been both the offenders and victims of this kind of behavior at varying times. I am always reminding her to be kind to others and that the last thing she should be judging a person on is their looks.

So the guy isn’t a polished interviewee yet. He’s just a kid – I’m sure most people thrust into the spotlight of a worldwide audience would need some practice and experience to sound even somewhat intelligent.

As far as his behavior during the medals ceremony, I’m inclined to agree with Steve – he was caught up in his excitement and emotion of the moment.

Even back when I was a totally hott dude I wasn't one that cared for putting down anyone because of looks. Now that I'm an ugly old guy I feel even stronger about that. I don't care for that stuff either.

As I said earlier, he's a kid. Let's pick on the big mouth Bode Miller. Bode isn't a kid, poor mouthed Lance Armstrong and has fell flat on his face in two straight events, including his strongest.

Lisa0825:
meow!!!

:429:

And guys say girls are catty... yowza!
We can be ******es too

I'm entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. C'mon in the interview after he won, he was asked...what is the best part of winning the gold? He says...it'll help me get more babes. What kind of moron says that in front of the whole country?

Well anyways, something's gotta help you get the babes...it aint gonna be your looks or your sense of class....duuuude, gnarly, yo (heavy sarcasm)

Back
Top Bottom