Flying into Clark March 21st for a week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clark is in Angles City?

Although I like wrecks, I prefer macro and nice healthy reefs for photographing.

So what is best between Anilao and Puerta Galera for a nice overall dive experience? Aren't there any van services that go from Clark direct to either of these two places? I'm not interested in $150 each way and don't really want to take two buses mixed with taxis as Centrals was so kind to clearly explain above.

I could overnight in Angeles and then I guess I could transfer to Manila for a van if that's possible to either spot.
Clark(Angeles) is north of Manila while Anilao and PG are both south of the capital.
There is no reason for anyone to fly into Clark and then have to endure at least two hrs road journey to Manila in order to get to Anilao/PG.
Anilao is tucked in a small peninsular away from everything. All the resorts are scattered along the coastal road so you are more or less dive/eat/sleep from the same place.
PG is another hr away by ferry from the port of Batangas.
The only service that go from Clark directly to Anilao and PG is PRIVATE.
Depend on your arrival time, I would rather overnight in Manila if my destination is south of the city.
I believe someone in this board is running a van sevice in Manila to Anilao at weekend. Check it out.

If you would rather take a van hire from AC to Subic, Kokomos Van Hire is affordable. And less of a hassle then having to go to and from the bus stations. I also find it more comfortable than riding the bus with more comfortable seats and aircon.

But it is a good chance there will be sex tourists in the Van Hire, so keep that in mind.
As far as I know all these services(Swagman, Brass Knob etc) are ONLY available before noon. I never found it an hassle in using public bus(long distance) in Philippines.
I have no problem sharing a van with a sex tourist but certainly NOT with an sexist!!!!

Note of warning on the Sabang / Pureto area. I'm hearing from the ground that the local government (Purteo) will be implementing a nice tax hike at the beginning of the year :shocked2::depressed:. Don't know if this is across all areas (hotels, food, diving, etc...) or isolated to specific "establishments" in that area. Either way prices could be going up quite a bit and may cause some to go other places.
Inflation had already started!
The price of the beer had already gone up to P70(regular) and P80(lite) as well as the cost of take away in most of the "specific establishments" since last Thursday !!!!

As far as I know all these services(Swagman, Brass Knob etc) are ONLY available before noon. I never found it an hassle in using public bus(long distance) in Philippines.
I have no problem sharing a van with a sex tourist but certainly NOT with an sexist!!!!

The Van-Hire leaves Kokomos at 1:00 p.m. and cost P550 one way and P1000 round trip. ( You are also given 1 FREE drink coupon to use at each of the bars owned by the Dryden Group, so if you plan on drinking in those bars, that is a P490 value, make sure you remind the driver for the FREE drink coupon booklet )

Nice to know you don't find it a hassle using a public bus, but some others may not want to lug all their stuff down to the bus station just to save $10.

Nice to know you have no problem sharing a van with a sex tourist, but some people may be offended listening to them talk about their latest conquests openly for 2 and half hours.

Last edited:
Per info I received the taxes being jacked my make others go somewhere else.

" The tax increase will impact everybody and all business in Sabang. The new tax code is 192 pages long and covers increases on absolutely everything and everyone!"

Glad I am going now because come beginning of year Puerto galera may be off the tourist map since the gov is so greedy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom